Adam, i'm happy and sad with you last message. How come i never heard about edebug? I read every elisp tutorial out there (should have read the manual!) I've been putting (read-string "debug msg") on my code for the past two years for tracing the execution... This totally rocks! Thanks a lot! -Hugo On Jan 31, 2008 7:32 AM, Adam Spiers wrote: > On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:37:37AM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > > John Wiegley is being haunted by a strange bug and I have so far not > > been able to reproduce and fix it. So I would like to know > > if anyone else sees the same bug and can contribute observations > > that may help us to track this down. I believe I had a similar > > report quite a while ago, but don't remember who reported it. > > > > The bug happens when being in the agenda and trying to goto or show > > the origin location of an agenda entry by pressing SPC or RET. > > John reports that sometimes (for him several times a day), > > the other window shows a completely different location. > > The most weird part of it is that going back to the agenda buffer > > and then trying the exact same command again, everything works > > fine! This is driving me crazy, and I'd love to find and fix > > this problem. > > > > So please, if anyone sees the same bug, try to give as as much as info > > as possible. How often does it happen, under what circumstances, > > what is your setup etc etc. > > I haven't seen it, but could you perhaps make use of edebug > (conditional) breakpoints to track it down, or edebug evaluation > lists, or even `edebug-set-global-break-condition' ? > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >