* recursive todo/checkbox statistics
@ 2009-05-18 22:11 Alexander
From: Alexander @ 2009-05-18 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Forgive me if there is an obvious way to do this that I haven't found.

Is there an easy way to calculate the total number of  tasks for a
file or a subtree?
For example, if the checkbox/todo progress cookie would calculate the
number of checkboxes/todos recursively for a subtree.

so that this:

* TODO heading 1 [1/3]
** DONE task A
** TODO task B
** TODO task C
*** TODO task C1
*** TODO task C2

would be this instead:

* TODO heading 1 [1/5]
** DONE task A
** TODO task B
** TODO task C
*** TODO task C1
*** TODO task C2

I would be fine with any other solution as well, it was just that it
seems closest to the checkbox/todo functionality.

Thanks you,

Alexander