Bastien Ah OK, so I wasn't missing anything, you can't actually search for a file using C-u C-c C-l. As files I want to link can be several layers deep in a directory structure and have names I can't remember, and as a said, the dired approach works fine. Thanks again. Graham On 19/11/2007, Bastien wrote: > > "Graham Smith" writes: > > > However, I cant get C-u C-c C-l to work. > > > > I still seem to need to type in the file path and file name, rather > > than have the ability to search for a file. > > I you want to *search* for a file in dired then copy this file into the > Emacs kill-ring, then you can use the function I wrote. > > I you know where is the file and want to link to it, then C-u C-c C-l > should be enough. You will still have to do type something but it's not > a lot of work, especially because TAB will suggest possible completion. > > > Presumably I am missing the obvious. > > Just remember Org is an Emacs mode, not a W32 feature :) > > -- > Bastien > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >