* agenda timeline filtered by date range
@ 2012-09-25 15:28 Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2012-09-25 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

Since a year or so I am using org-mode ever more intensively. Among
other things, I use it to track my training in pediatric medicine. I
keep a sort of combined diary and planner of events, courses and work
schedules in a file called arbete.org, which tracks the four years since
I started until as far into the future as there are concrete plans.
Sometimes I like to discuss my progress with someone, and then I usually
make an html export of the timeline in this file. The timeline is
becoming rather long, but I do not feel it would make sense to divide it
into several files since it is a logical compartment of life for me.

Is it possible to limit the timeline (or perhaps a custom agenda view)
to a specific date range, for instance a year or "the fall of 2011"? I
have searched the manual and FAQs but have found nothing that addresses
this. Perhaps this reflects my misuse of org-mode, but on the other hand
it does seem a useful feature (which probably means it exists but
somehow eludes me).

Thank you for any help,

Johan Sandblom

--