All you need to do is define a function that supplies the prefix to org-time-stamp: (defun org-time-stamp-with-time (&optional inactive) "Prompt for a date/time and insert a time stamp containing a date and time. All parts of a date not specified by the user will be filled in from the current date/time. So if you press just return without typing anything, the time stamp will represent the current date/time. If there is already a timestamp at the cursor, it will be modified." (interactive) (org-time-stamp t inactive)) Then bind that you a key. On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM, John Withers wrote: > Folks, > > I am trying to figure out what to add to my .emacs to make the normal > key binding call to org-time-stamp into the version with the C-u > modifier by default. > > That is, in the default bindings, I am trying to make > C-c . > Perform the action that is normally performed by > C-u C-c . > > I am sure this is dead simple, but I have no immediate clue how to do > it. If these were two different functions I would know how to do it, but > using the key binding commands I don't know how to tell my key binding > that I want the C-u version. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am sure I will have use for > this in many other places as well. > > -john > > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >