* Help: Convert Org-Mode to Shadowplan for Palm (Centro)
@ 2009-07-19  1:56 p.raschdorff
From: p.raschdorff @ 2009-07-19  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

using both - my Palm OS device with the ShadowPlan outliner and Org-mode,
I've tried to bring these two worlds together.

Shadow-Org
http://code.google.com/p/shadow-org/

are two perl-scripts that can convert org to shadowplan (xml) and back.
Doing some testing, it seems that the Tags present in the original
shadowplan-file are not included in the XML file.

Since my setup in showplan on the palm and in orgmode are based on tags, I
would like to know if someone has successfully converted ShadowPlan <->
Orgmode including tags and dates?!

Kind regards

- Phil

* Re: Help: Convert Org-Mode to Shadowplan for Palm (Centro)
@ 2009-07-19 17:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-19 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: p.raschdorff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

p.raschdorff <p.raschdorff@macbay.de> writes:

> using both - my Palm OS device with the ShadowPlan outliner and Org-mode,
> I've tried to bring these two worlds together.
>
> Shadow-Org
> http://code.google.com/p/shadow-org/
>
> are two perl-scripts that can convert org to shadowplan (xml) and back.
> Doing some testing, it seems that the Tags present in the original
> shadowplan-file are not included in the XML file.
>
> Since my setup in showplan on the palm and in orgmode are based on tags, I
> would like to know if someone has successfully converted ShadowPlan <->
> Orgmode including tags and dates?!

I didn't know about ShadowPlan...  I like the UI design of the few
screenshots I've seen.  Sorry I cannot help implementing tags, hope
someone will.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Help: Convert Org-Mode to Shadowplan for Palm (Centro)
@ 2009-07-20 23:13 Jeff Stautz
From: Jeff Stautz @ 2009-07-20 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

p.raschdorff <p.raschdorff <at> macbay.de> writes:

> using both - my Palm OS device with the ShadowPlan outliner and Org-mode,
> I've tried to bring these two worlds together.
>
> Shadow-Org
> http://code.google.com/p/shadow-org/
>
> are two perl-scripts that can convert org to shadowplan (xml) and back.
> Doing some testing, it seems that the Tags present in the original
> shadowplan-file are not included in the XML file.
>
> Since my setup in showplan on the palm and in orgmode are based on tags, I
> would like to know if someone has successfully converted ShadowPlan <->
> Orgmode including tags and dates?!

I'm the author of those scripts, but it's been quite a while since I
looked at them... And to be honest, it's been a VERY long while since
I used ShadowPlan.

The tags limitation is due to the fact that my copy of Shadow Desktop
(OS X version) never supported tags. As I recall, the tags are stored
in a separate XML file somewhere -- but this was never implemented on
the Mac version of Shadow Desktop.

It may take a big of spelunking to sort out how Shadow Plan stores
that data. I've never seen Shadowplan's XML tag files, so I wouldn't
know how to go about parsing them.

Feel free to dive into the SVN repository and make changes to those
scripts as you see fit.

--Jeff

--Jeff