* org-mode and Aquamacs tabs
@ 2009-07-08  1:27 Thomas S. Dye
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2009-07-08  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

Org-mode's agenda column view puts column headers where Aquamacs has
tabs, overwriting the tabs.  I don't know if this is an Aquamacs issue
or an org-mode issue, but it would be nice if two terrific pieces of
software cooperated better in this one small instance.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.
Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: org-mode and Aquamacs tabs
@ 2009-07-08  4:53 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-07-08  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 8, 2009, at 3:27 AM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> Org-mode's agenda column view puts column headers where Aquamacs has
> tabs, overwriting the tabs.  I don't know if this is an Aquamacs
> issue or an org-mode issue, but it would be nice if two terrific
> pieces of software cooperated better in this one small instance.

Unfortunately I do not know a way to fix this.

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode and Aquamacs tabs
@ 2009-07-08 15:05 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2009-07-08 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom,

there is only one header line available in Emacs.  Changing this would
require the implementation of an additional "tab line" in the
redisplay, window and frame management code (C level).  I'm not aware
of anyone who would be able and willing to implement this kind of stuff.

I found it helpful though to set the defaults for header line use by
modes so that the header line is not snatched from tabbar-mode.

- David

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!

On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:27 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> Org-mode's agenda column view puts column headers where Aquamacs has
> tabs, overwriting the tabs.  I don't know if this is an Aquamacs
> issue or an org-mode issue, but it would be nice if two terrific
> pieces of software cooperated better in this one small instance.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Re: [OS X Emacs] org-mode and Aquamacs tabs
@ 2009-07-08 16:49   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2009-07-08 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Carsten and David,

Can someone provide examples of "defaults for header line use by
modes" mentioned by David that keep Aquamacs tabs and suppress org-
mode agenda column heads if the tab bar is active in Aquamacs?

@ 2009-07-16 19:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-16 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> Org-mode's agenda column view puts column headers where Aquamacs has tabs,
> overwriting the tabs.

To me it's clearly an issue with Aquamacs.  It shouldn't use this first
header line.  I guess emacs-w3m and elscreen.el have similar problems.
If so, better to report to Aquamacs maintainers...

HTH,

--
 Bastien