* Batch exporting a sparse tree
@ 2008-11-28 23:55 Lindsay Todd
From: Lindsay Todd @ 2008-11-28 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I am trying to write a script to extract a sparse tree, selected by
TODO keywords, from my the gtd.org file.  The sparse tree should then
be exported to an html file.  I am using this command:

emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs \
    -eval '(find-file "~/projects/gtd.org")' \
    -eval '(org-show-todo-tree "PROJECT|MAYBE")'  \
    -eval '(org-export-visible ?h nil)'

The resulting html file has entries for "PROJECT" and "NEXT"!
Meanwhile, none of my "MAYBE" entries are selected.  What might I be
doing wrong?

* Re: Batch exporting a sparse tree
@ 2008-11-29  2:31 ` Lindsay Todd
From: Lindsay Todd @ 2008-11-29  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

To answer my own question, this incantation seems to work:

emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs \
    -eval '(progn (find-file "~/projects/gtd.org")
                  (org-tags-sparse-tree t "TODO=\"PROJECT\"|TODO=\"MAYBE\"")
                  (org-export-visible ?h nil))' -kill

Is there a way to remove tags while doing this export?

/Lindsay

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Lindsay Todd <rltodd.ml1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to write a script to extract a sparse tree, selected by
> TODO keywords, from my the gtd.org file.  The sparse tree should then
> be exported to an html file.  I am using this command:
>
> emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs \
>    -eval '(find-file "~/projects/gtd.org")' \
>    -eval '(org-show-todo-tree "PROJECT|MAYBE")'  \
>    -eval '(org-export-visible ?h nil)'
>
> The resulting html file has entries for "PROJECT" and "NEXT"!
> Meanwhile, none of my "MAYBE" entries are selected.  What might I be
> doing wrong?

* Re: Re: Batch exporting a sparse tree
@ 2008-11-30 19:02   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-30 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lindsay Todd; +Cc: org-mode

On Nov 29, 2008, at 3:31 AM, Lindsay Todd wrote:

> To answer my own question, this incantation seems to work:
>
> emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs \
>   -eval '(progn (find-file "~/projects/gtd.org")
>                 (org-tags-sparse-tree t "TODO=\"PROJECT\"|TODO=
> \"MAYBE\"")
>                 (org-export-visible ?h nil))' -kill
>
> Is there a way to remove tags while doing this export?

Sure, use `let' to bind org-export-with-tags around the call to org-
export-visible.

(let ((org-export-with-tags nil)) (org-export-visible ?h nil))

- Carsten