* Question About New Exporter
@ 2012-08-20 10:49 Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2012-08-20 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hello

I use Org mode quite a bit to:
a) Export raw HTML that I use on my corporate Sharepoint site (currently via copy/paste) for Wiki entries, Blog posts, etc.
b) Export HTML to a browser that I copy/paste into corporate Outlook for Mac client for formatted email
c) PDF documents via LaTeX

On point (c), I have 3 custom LaTeX classes (each based off of and ultimately including the memoir class). These classes are similar in function and exist for format a corporate document via corporate branding, personal documents in a way that pleases me, and documents for my non-profit volunteer efforts in a style that match that branding.

For all 3 I use the LaTeX biblatex-chicago package, and to help the tex build process use latexmk.

I am on a Mac so I use xelatex instead of pdflatex to get system fonts, Open Type fonts, etc.

My Org mode LaTeX build is:

(setq texcmd "latexmk -gg -f -shell-escape -xelatex -pdf %f")
(setq org-latex-to-pdf-process (list texcmd))

Given all of that; what do I need to be wary of before I switch to the e-html and e-latex exporters?

Are they far enough along that I should be able to just swap and have every thing “just work” or “mostly work” ?

Thanks

* Re: Question About New Exporter
@ 2012-08-20 12:13 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-20 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike McLean; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi Mike,

Mike McLean <mike.mclean@pobox.com> writes:

> Are they far enough along that I should be able to just swap and have
> every thing “just work” or “mostly work” ?

I think so.  Perhaps the easiest way to know is to give it a try?

Reports about this will also help other users make the transition.

 Bastien