* timeline questions (feature request?)
@ 2007-06-29  5:52 Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-06-29  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi all!

1. is that possible to do a timeline agenda view for selected or all
agenda-files?  so you can see how your project are overlapped in time,
this might help to plan your timetable more naturally.

2. usually I put inactive timestamps everywhere (created todo items,
todo state changes, remarks on progress), this is kind of logging my
activity. during review I'd like to see and analyze my activity during
the day, week etc. the question is: is it possible to create agenda
view with inactive timestamps, similarly to that with active those? it
would be very helpful.

thanks
Maxim

* Re: timeline questions (feature request?)
@ 2007-07-02  5:34 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-02  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 29, 2007, at 7:52, Maxim Loginov wrote:

> hi all!
>
> 1. is that possible to do a timeline agenda view for selected or all
> agenda-files?  so you can see how your project are overlapped in time,
> this might help to plan your timetable more naturally.

This has come up before

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/1563

with the conclusion that you can use the daily/weekly agenda for this
purpose.  The next version of org-mode will make it easier to get
a monthly or even yearly view - even though it will be slower than
the timeline to create, I guess it would serve the purpose you describe.

> 2. usually I put inactive timestamps everywhere (created todo items,
> todo state changes, remarks on progress), this is kind of logging my
> activity. during review I'd like to see and analyze my activity during
> the day, week etc. the question is: is it possible to create agenda
> view with inactive timestamps, similarly to that with active those? it
> would be very helpful.

THis is not very hard to implement - but I wonder if anyone
except would find this useful.  Votes?

- Carsten