* C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 10:37 Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Carsten Dominik

Hi Carsten,

key-setting below looks like a bug

if

C-c /, org-sparse-tree

is set, there is no chance calling

C-c / r

as the first already matches (?)

Thanks

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode-components
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

;;;;;;;;;;;;

from org.texi:

2.6 Sparse trees

@orgcmd{C-c /,org-sparse-tree}
This prompts for an extra key to select a sparse-tree creating command.
@kindex C-c / r
@item C-c / r

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 10:51 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-21 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> key-setting below looks like a bug
>
> if
>
> C-c /, org-sparse-tree
>
> is set, there is no chance calling
>
> C-c / r
>
> as the first already matches (?)

C-c / will prompt for another key and then dispatch depending on that
key.
Many do.

To simplify you work, you can just leave these keys unchanged in the
manual, and I will take a look at those later.  So when there is an
entry for `C-c /', describe it as org-sparse-tree.  When it is `C-c /
r' you can leave it as it was, and I will fix it.

- Carsten

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 11:44   ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 21.10.2010 12:51, schrieb Carsten Dominik:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>

>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> key-setting below looks like a bug
>>
>> if
>>
>> C-c /, org-sparse-tree
>>
>> is set, there is no chance calling
>>
>> C-c / r
>>
>> as the first already matches (?)
>
> C-c / will prompt for another key and then dispatch depending on that key.
> Many do.

Hmm, that would fit into the already mentioned coding-style category.
Is it wise to do it that way?
For example M-x describe-mode fails telling about these keys.
Are reasons for this?

Sincerely undecided here, just a question.

> To simplify you work, you can just leave these keys unchanged in the
> manual,and I will take a look at those later.

Remains something to do anyway IMHO.

First a creating command is mentioned, after it says "showing".

@orgcmd{C-c /,org-sparse-tree}
This prompts for an extra key to select a sparse-tree creating command.

;;;;;;;

@kindex C-c / r
@item C-c / r
@vindex org-remove-highlights-with-change
Occur.  Prompts for a regexp and shows a sparse tree with all matches.  If

;;;;;

Seeing a contradiction in so far, when the second command is on the top
of the first, whose key has been hitten...

Understand: first I must create, to get a show. But can't I have "show"
on base of a before created?

I'll proceed anyway...

Thanks being patient :-)

Andreas

So when there is an entry
> for `C-c /', describe it as org-sparse-tree. When it is `C-c / r' you
> can leave it as it was, and I will fix it.
>
> - Carsten

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 11:52     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-21 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> Am 21.10.2010 12:51, schrieb Carsten Dominik:
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Carsten,
>>>
>>> key-setting below looks like a bug
>>>
>>> if
>>>
>>> C-c /, org-sparse-tree
>>>
>>> is set, there is no chance calling
>>>
>>> C-c / r
>>>
>>> as the first already matches (?)
>>
>> C-c / will prompt for another key and then dispatch depending on
>> that key.
>> Many do.
>
> Hmm, that would fit into the already mentioned coding-style category.
> Is it wise to do it that way?
> For example M-x describe-mode fails telling about these keys.
> Are reasons for this?

Yes.  There are not enough keys, unless I introduce a larger number
of full-scale prefix keys.  And it is much easier to remember just `C-
c /' and then get a friendly prompt for a number of options.  For
interactive use, I think this is just perfect.

Now, if you want to write programs based on these functions, then you
want to have the real command names.  This is one of the reasons why I
like to have them in the manual, for look up.

> Sincerely undecided here, just a question.
>

>> To simplify you work, you can just leave these keys unchanged in the
>> manual,and I will take a look at those later.
>
> Remains something to do anyway IMHO.
>
> First a creating command is mentioned, after it says "showing".
>
> @orgcmd{C-c /,org-sparse-tree}
> This prompts for an extra key to select a sparse-tree creating
> command.
>
> ;;;;;;;
>
> @kindex C-c / r
> @item C-c / r
> @vindex org-remove-highlights-with-change
> Occur.  Prompts for a regexp and shows a sparse tree with all
> matches.  If

In this end, this should simply be

@orgcmd{C-c / r, org-occur}

Because the dispatcher command will call this command after "r" has
been pressed.

But as I said, I can do these indirect calls pretty easily, I know
most of them by heart.

- Carsten

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 12:42       ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[ ... ]
>>> C-c / will prompt for another key and then dispatch depending on that
>>> key.
>>> Many do.
>>
>> Hmm, that would fit into the already mentioned coding-style category.
>> Is it wise to do it that way?
>> For example M-x describe-mode fails telling about these keys.
>> Are reasons for this?
>
> Yes. There are not enough keys, unless I introduce a larger number
> of full-scale prefix keys. And it is much easier to remember just `C-c
> /' and then get a friendly prompt for a number of options. For
> interactive use, I think this is just perfect.
>
> Now, if you want to write programs based on these functions, then you
> want to have the real command names. This is one of the reasons why I
> like to have them in the manual, for look up.

Hi,

I'm following, thanks for the explanation.
Remains a describe-mode bug than (?)

>> Sincerely undecided here, just a question.
>>

>>> To simplify you work, you can just leave these keys unchanged in the
>>> manual,and I will take a look at those later.
>>
>> Remains something to do anyway IMHO.
>>
>> First a creating command is mentioned, after it says "showing".
>>
>> @orgcmd{C-c /,org-sparse-tree}
>> This prompts for an extra key to select a sparse-tree creating command.
>>
>> ;;;;;;;
>>
>> @kindex C-c / r
>> @item C-c / r
>> @vindex org-remove-highlights-with-change
>> Occur. Prompts for a regexp and shows a sparse tree with all matches. If
>
> In this end, this should simply be
>
> @orgcmd{C-c / r, org-occur}

May you update the doku?
BTW if the first key branches to other key, would help folks like me to
know... Maybe saying: Is a generic key invoking...

> Because the dispatcher command will call this command after "r" has been
> pressed.
>
> But as I said, I can do these indirect calls pretty easily, I know most
> of them by heart.

Thanks. Should get it from var last-command already.

> - Carsten

Still an issue:

No brand of Emacs org-mode knows org-occur here

M-x where-is org-occur

==>

org-occur is not on any key

Also when C-c / is pressed, there is no `r'-key displayed,
see screenshot.

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode-components
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i586-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
  of 2010-07-05 on build17
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10800000
configured using `configure  '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod'
'--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--prefix=/usr'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var'
'--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x'
'--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg'
'--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus'
'--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--x-includes=/usr/include'
'--x-libraries=/usr/lib:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf'
'--with-m17n-flt' '--build=i586-suse-linux'
'build_alias=i586-suse-linux' 'CC=gcc-4.3' 'CFLAGS=-fomit-frame-pointer
-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector
-funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89
-pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label
-Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
-DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 '
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> C-x C-f <M-backspace> <M-backspace> . g
C-x C-e <down> C-x C-e C-x C-f r o g - <backspace>
. o r g <return> C-h w o r g - o c c u r <return> M-x
r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
.gnu-emacs-all-cvs has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Mark saved where search started
("~/org-mode/lisp/" "/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp"
"/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp/term" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp"
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/apel" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/edict"
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emu" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim"
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode"
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m"
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xslide" ...)
org-mode-einrichtungen
org.org has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
OVERVIEW
org-occur is not on any key

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 13:00         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-21 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> [ ... ]
>>>
>>> Hmm, that would fit into the already mentioned coding-style
>>> category.
>>> Is it wise to do it that way?
>>> For example M-x describe-mode fails telling about these keys.
>>> Are reasons for this?
>>
>> Yes. There are not enough keys, unless I introduce a larger number
>> of full-scale prefix keys. And it is much easier to remember just
>> `C-c
>> /' and then get a friendly prompt for a number of options. For
>> interactive use, I think this is just perfect.
>>
>> Now, if you want to write programs based on these functions, then you
>> want to have the real command names. This is one of the reasons why I
>> like to have them in the manual, for look up.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm following, thanks for the explanation.
> Remains a describe-mode bug than (?)

I would not call it a bug.  Describe-mode looks at the key maps, it
cannot look into the functions.

Cheers

- Carsten

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 13:34           ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 21.10.2010 15:00, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

> On Oct 21, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>
>> [ ... ]

>>> Yes. There are not enough keys, unless I introduce a larger number
>>> of full-scale prefix keys. And it is much easier to remember just `C-c
>>> /' and then get a friendly prompt for a number of options. For
>>> interactive use, I think this is just perfect.
>>>
>>> Now, if you want to write programs based on these functions, then you
>>> want to have the real command names. This is one of the reasons why I
>>> like to have them in the manual, for look up.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm following, thanks for the explanation.
>> Remains a describe-mode bug than (?)
>
> I would not call it a bug. Describe-mode looks at the key maps, it
> cannot look into the functions.

OK, but can't you make it known to the keymap?

Cheers

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 14:04             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-21 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> Am 21.10.2010 15:00, schrieb Carsten Dominik:
>>
>> On Oct 21, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>>
>>> [ ... ]

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm following, thanks for the explanation.
>>> Remains a describe-mode bug than (?)
>>
>> I would not call it a bug. Describe-mode looks at the key maps, it
>> cannot look into the functions.
>>

> OK, but can't you make it known to the keymap?

No, I cannot.

- Carsten

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 14:11               ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 21.10.2010 16:04, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

> On Oct 21, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>>> I would not call it a bug. Describe-mode looks at the key maps, it
>>> cannot look into the functions.
>>>

>> OK, but can't you make it known to the keymap?
>
> No, I cannot.
>
> - Carsten

Ah, we can, I'm sure.
Let's assume you assigned the same keys to different commands.
Somehow Emacs must discriminate the states where the one or the other
are to use.
So let's call these states modes, make a keymap for it, no?

Andreas

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 14:31                 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-21 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> Am 21.10.2010 16:04, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

>>> OK, but can't you make it known to the keymap?
>>
>> No, I cannot.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> Ah, we can, I'm sure.
> Let's assume you assigned the same keys to different commands.
> Somehow Emacs must discriminate the states where the one or the
> other are to use.
> So let's call these states modes, make a keymap for it, no?

Hi Andreas,

We could make C-c / a prefix and define the other commands in the
keymap of the prefix command.  But this would defeat the purpose of
the dispatcher with its friendly prompt etc.

In fact, I do not want describe-mode to show all these.  I have
thought carefully about this.

- Carsten

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 14:53                   ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 21.10.2010 16:31, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

> On Oct 21, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>>> No, I cannot.
>>>
>>> - Carsten
>>>

>> Ah, we can, I'm sure.
>> Let's assume you assigned the same keys to different commands.
>> Somehow Emacs must discriminate the states where the one or the other
>> are to use.
>> So let's call these states modes, make a keymap for it, no?
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> We could make C-c / a prefix and define the other commands in the
> keymap of the prefix command. But this would defeat the purpose of the
> dispatcher with its friendly prompt etc.
>
> In fact, I do not want describe-mode to show all these. I have thought
> carefully about this.
>
> - Carsten

OK, you are the mastermind :-)

There is a bug-report still an-responded.

Been sent with mail at 14:42

Missing org-occur, no key displayed as expected.

Andreas

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 15:33                     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2010-10-21 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Andreas

> There is a bug-report still an-responded.
>
> Been sent with mail at 14:42
>
> Missing org-occur, no key displayed as expected.

You are too demanding of Carsten :-). Try not to push him so much. It is
possible that you somehow feel that your earlier patches privilege you
to demand an extra attention. There is nothing wrong with feeling so at
all. I have felt similarly earlier.

I for one appreciate your earlier patches to the manual. I am happy that
you are picking from where you left off and going full steam ahead.

Keep up the good work. Tread softly though ...

Jambunathan K.

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 16:36                       ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-21 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Am 21.10.2010 17:33, schrieb Jambunathan K:

> Andreas
>
>> There is a bug-report still an-responded.
>>
>> Been sent with mail at 14:42
>>
>> Missing org-occur, no key displayed as expected.
>
> You are too demanding of Carsten :-). Try not to push him so much. It is
> possible that you somehow feel that your earlier patches privilege you
> to demand an extra attention. There is nothing wrong with feeling so at
> all. I have felt similarly earlier.

Hi Jambunathan,

sorry for that impression.

It was not intended to have that meaning. Please take into account I'm
not a native english-speaker.

Was simply afraid, Carsten didn't see it, as it was placed behind a
larger bulk of text, several mails have been exchanged since. I'll try
to write more careful...

Thanks reminding me in any case

Andreas

> I for one appreciate your earlier patches to the manual. I am happy that
> you are picking from where you left off and going full steam ahead.
>
> Keep up the good work. Tread softly though ...
>
> Jambunathan K.

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-21 20:50         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-21 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> [ ... ]
>>>
>>> Hmm, that would fit into the already mentioned coding-style
>>> category.
>>> Is it wise to do it that way?
>>> For example M-x describe-mode fails telling about these keys.
>>> Are reasons for this?
>>
>> Yes. There are not enough keys, unless I introduce a larger number
>> of full-scale prefix keys. And it is much easier to remember just
>> `C-c
>> /' and then get a friendly prompt for a number of options. For
>> interactive use, I think this is just perfect.
>>
>> Now, if you want to write programs based on these functions, then you
>> want to have the real command names. This is one of the reasons why I
>> like to have them in the manual, for look up.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm following, thanks for the explanation.
> Remains a describe-mode bug than (?)
>

>>> Sincerely undecided here, just a question.

>>> Remains something to do anyway IMHO.
>>>
>>> First a creating command is mentioned, after it says "showing".
>>>
>>> @orgcmd{C-c /,org-sparse-tree}
>>> This prompts for an extra key to select a sparse-tree creating
>>> command.
>>>
>>> ;;;;;;;
>>>
>>> @kindex C-c / r
>>> @item C-c / r
>>> @vindex org-remove-highlights-with-change
>>> Occur. Prompts for a regexp and shows a sparse tree with all
>>> matches. If
>>
>> In this end, this should simply be
>>
>> @orgcmd{C-c / r, org-occur}
>
> May you update the doku?
> BTW if the first key branches to other key, would help folks like me
> to know... Maybe saying: Is a generic key invoking...
>

>> Because the dispatcher command will call this command after "r" has
>> been
>> pressed.
>>
>> But as I said, I can do these indirect calls pretty easily, I know
>> most
>> of them by heart.
>>

> Thanks. Should get it from var last-command already.
>
>> - Carsten
>>

> Still an issue:
>
> No brand of Emacs org-mode knows org-occur here
>
> M-x where-is org-occur
>
> ==>
>
> org-occur is not on any key
>
> Also when C-c / is pressed, there is no `r'-key displayed,
> see screenshot.

As I have been trying to explain during this thread, Emacs does
not know that org-occur is can be reached through `C-c / r'.
So where-is cannot give you a reply.

This is not a bug, it is in the nature of the dispatcher
commands Org-mode uses.

- Carsten

> [...]
> . o r g <return> C-h w o r g - o c c u r <return> M-x
> r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <return>
>
> Recent messages:
> For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
> Making completion list...
> .gnu-emacs-all-cvs has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
> Mark saved where search started
> ("~/org-mode/lisp/" "/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp" "/usr/share/
> emacs/23.1/site-lisp/term" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" "/usr/share/
> emacs/site-lisp/apel" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/edict" "/usr/share/
> emacs/site-lisp/emu" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim" "/usr/share/
> emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml" "/usr/
> share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xslide" ...)
> org-mode-einrichtungen
> org.org has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-22  7:40           ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-22  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[ ... ]

>> Still an issue:
>>
>> No brand of Emacs org-mode knows org-occur here
>>
>> M-x where-is org-occur
>>
>> ==>
>>
>> org-occur is not on any key
>>
>> Also when C-c / is pressed, there is no `r'-key displayed,
>> see screenshot.
>
> As I have been trying to explain during this thread, Emacs does
> not know that org-occur is can be reached through `C-c / r'.
> So where-is cannot give you a reply.
>
> This is not a bug, it is in the nature of the dispatcher
> commands Org-mode uses.
>
> - Carsten

Hi Carsten,

unfortunatly the dispatcher doesn't know either. Missed to attach the
sreenshot when reported. Here it is.

BTW think I understand your use of the dispatcher. Think too it's
helpful. Would be good if we could reflect how to reconcile this
dispatcher with M-x describe-mode and related environment-tools.

Andreas

> [...]
>> . o r g <return> C-h w o r g - o c c u r <return> M-x
>> r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <return>
>>
>> Recent messages:
>> For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
>> Making completion list...
>> .gnu-emacs-all-cvs has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
>> Mark saved where search started
>> ("~/org-mode/lisp/" "/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp"
>> "/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp/term" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp"
>> "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/apel" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/edict"
>> "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emu" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim"
>> "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode"
>> "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m"
>> "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xslide" ...)
>> org-mode-einrichtungen
>> org.org has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file

[-- Attachment #2: missing-r-key.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 61317 bytes --]

* Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
@ 2010-10-22  7:49             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-22  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 22, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> [ ... ]
>>>
>>> Still an issue:
>>>
>>> No brand of Emacs org-mode knows org-occur here
>>>
>>> M-x where-is org-occur
>>>
>>> ==>
>>>
>>> org-occur is not on any key
>>>
>>> Also when C-c / is pressed, there is no `r'-key displayed,
>>> see screenshot.
>>
>> As I have been trying to explain during this thread, Emacs does
>> not know that org-occur is can be reached through `C-c / r'.
>> So where-is cannot give you a reply.
>>
>> This is not a bug, it is in the nature of the dispatcher
>> commands Org-mode uses.
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> Hi Carsten,
>
> unfortunatly the dispatcher doesn't know either. Missed to attach
> the sreenshot when reported. Here it is.

I see.  This is becasue `C-c / /' does the same thing.

OK, I'll fix it to thow the "r".

Thanks

> BTW think I understand your use of the dispatcher. Think too it's
> helpful. Would be good if we could reflect how to reconcile this
> dispatcher with M-x describe-mode and related environment-tools.

I think it is perfectly well supported by describe-bindings
and describe-mode showing the key that leads to the dispatcher.

Lets rest this issue.

- Carsten