* Checking for tags efficiently
@ 2009-05-12 22:36 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-05-12 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using org-map-entries, I check for expired done tasks and
then archive them.  I would like to skip archiving any
subtree that has the tags[1] :data: or :repurpose:.[2]

Is there a function for checking for the presence of tags
efficiently (order 1) and robustly?  Is org-entry-properties
the right thing to use?

I'm trying to avoid future debugging.

Thanks!

[1] Immediate or inherited.  I recall seeing in the code
somewhere a reference to a way to speed up the latter.

[2] In case you are curious, my plan is to use these
tags to indicate that while the tasks are done, they have
data that should be refiled or they have content that should
be repurposed.  The advantage of this over DATA and
REPURPOSE todo kw is that they can be applied orthogonally
to any todo states.  It's not ideal, because done should
mean done, but I have not found a better arrangement yet.

---
Today is awareness day.

Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering
worse than MS.  Conflicts of interest are destroying research.  /You/ can
get the disease at any time permanently.  Do science and justice matter to
you?

Posters: http://www.mefreeforall.org/fileadmin/PDFs/ME_Awareness_Posters_2009.pdf

Overview: http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/What_Is_ME_What_Is_CFS.htm