* Re: Hang after agenda export [6.34c]
@ 2010-02-01  4:37 manonfire
From: manonfire @ 2010-02-01  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The problem could be solved by removing the example code snippet suggested
in the manual (Page 104 for 6.34c) from .emacs which is

(setq org-agenda-exporter-setting)
    '((ps-number-of-columns 2)
     (ps-landscape-mode t)
     (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)))

Export to txt and html works now. But for pdf I get an error message:

"Symbol's function definition is void: flet"

>When trying to export the agenda with C-x C-w filename, emacs hangs and
>causes high cpu load with all file types (txt,html,pdf). No file is
>created.
>This also happened with 6.33f.
>The org-file is very simple, one heading with two scheduled items.

Manonfire

* Re: Hang after agenda export [6.34c]
@ 2010-02-01  8:10 ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2010-02-01  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manonfire; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

manonfire@lavabit.com writes:

> The problem could be solved by removing the example code snippet suggested
> in the manual (Page 104 for 6.34c) from .emacs which is
>
> (setq org-agenda-exporter-setting)
>     '((ps-number-of-columns 2)
>      (ps-landscape-mode t)
>      (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)))
>

> Export to txt and html works now. But for pdf I get an error message:
>
> "Symbol's function definition is void: flet"

You need

cl.el --- Common Lisp extensions for Emacs

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: Re: Hang after agenda export [6.34c]
@ 2010-02-01  8:14   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-01  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam K M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Noorul Islam K M wrote:

> manonfire@lavabit.com writes:
>
>> The problem could be solved by removing the example code snippet
>> suggested
>> in the manual (Page 104 for 6.34c) from .emacs which is
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-exporter-setting)
>>    '((ps-number-of-columns 2)
>>     (ps-landscape-mode t)
>>     (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)))
>>

>> Export to txt and html works now. But for pdf I get an error message:
>>
>> "Symbol's function definition is void: flet"
>
> You need
>
> cl.el --- Common Lisp extensions for Emacs

All parts of Org that use the flet macro also have

(eval-when-compile
   (require 'cl))

so this should not be an issue in Org.

What Emacs version is this?

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Hang after agenda export [6.34c]
@ 2010-02-01 18:50     ` manonfire
From: manonfire @ 2010-02-01 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Noorul Islam K M wrote:
>
>> manonfire@lavabit.com writes:
>>
>>> The problem could be solved by removing the example code snippet
>>> suggested
>>> in the manual (Page 104 for 6.34c) from .emacs which is
>>>
>>> (setq org-agenda-exporter-setting)
>>>    '((ps-number-of-columns 2)
>>>     (ps-landscape-mode t)
>>>     (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)))
>>>

>>> Export to txt and html works now. But for pdf I get an error message:
>>>
>>> "Symbol's function definition is void: flet"
>>
>> You need
>>
>> cl.el --- Common Lisp extensions for Emacs
>

> All parts of Org that use the flet macro also have
>
> (eval-when-compile
>    (require 'cl))
>
> so this should not be an issue in Org.
>
> What Emacs version is this?
>
> - Carsten

It's 23.1.1

When I do a C-u M-x org-reload beforehand there is no error message and
the pdf export succeeds.

I'm using 6.34c from my home directory (installed with make only, not
"make install") and renamed the emacs folder under /usr/local/share to
make sure that the older version isn't loaded. (BTW what's the right way
to uninstall a system wide installation of org?)
M-x org-version shows the right number.

* Re: Re: Hang after agenda export [6.34c]
@ 2010-02-02  6:12       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-02  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manonfire; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 1, 2010, at 7:50 PM, manonfire@lavabit.com wrote:

>>> You need
>>>
>>> cl.el --- Common Lisp extensions for Emacs
>>

>> All parts of Org that use the flet macro also have
>>
>> (eval-when-compile
>>   (require 'cl))
>>
>> so this should not be an issue in Org.
>>
>> What Emacs version is this?
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> It's 23.1.1
>
> When I do a C-u M-x org-reload beforehand there is no error message
> and
> the pdf export succeeds.

That sounds like there still is a loading conflict - most likely you
are doing something to load org-mode (like setting up appt with org,
or visiting an Org file or constructing an agenda view) before adding
the org directories to the load path.

- Carsten

@ 2010-02-02 23:50         ` manonfire
From: manonfire @ 2010-02-02 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> When I do a C-u M-x org-reload beforehand there is no error message
>> and
>> the pdf export succeeds.
>
> That sounds like there still is a loading conflict - most likely you
> are doing something to load org-mode (like setting up appt with org,
> or visiting an Org file or constructing an agenda view) before adding
> the org directories to the load path.
>
> - Carsten

Ok, thanks.

I'm inexperienced with emacs and lisp and probably can't be of much help
to decide if this is a bug or not.
(require 'cl) in .emacs is a workaround for me.

So just for the record, I have the load-path lines as first two lines in
my .emacs file and (require 'org-install) as third one. Commenting out the
first two lines makes emacs load my older system-wide installation of org
under /usr/local/share/emacs/... which doesn't seem to know "flet" either.
Looking at ~/org-6.34c/lisp/, every *.el file has a *.elc equivalent, so I
have no idea...

Maybe it's because of the ppa.launchpad emacs built I have. I'm going to
install Ubuntu karmic on another system and test the emacs version that
comes with it (and if it hangs with the mentioned exporter-settings).

Regards
manonfire