* Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
@ 2017-02-02 23:48 Tamulis, Andrius
From: Tamulis, Andrius @ 2017-02-02 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I note that in the latest version of orgmode, that the
org-agenda-only-exact-dates variable is no longer "honored". It is set
twice in org-agenda.el, but never checked, and so affects nothing.

When this functionality was deleted, was any thought given to how one
may recreate the action of this variable? That is, in orgmode
9.0.4, how can I create an agenda that only shows entries whose exact
timestamp, scheduled or deadline, is the given day? And that ignores
"Sched. nx" and "In m d." entries?

Thank you,

Andrius

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2016-11-15
Package: Org mode version 9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @
c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)

* Re: Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
@ 2017-02-03 22:16 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-02-03 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamulis, Andrius; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Tamulis, Andrius" <andriust@att.net> writes:

> I note that in the latest version of orgmode, that the
> org-agenda-only-exact-dates variable is no longer "honored". It is set
> twice in org-agenda.el, but never checked, and so affects nothing.
>
> When this functionality was deleted,

This variable is not documented in the manual. It has no docstring
either. I see no functionality here, only an obscure dynamically scoped
parameter.

If I had to make a guess about its use, I would say it is an internal
variable for the Timeline functionality, which is removed from master.

> was any thought given to how one
> may recreate the action of this variable? That is, in orgmode
> 9.0.4, how can I create an agenda that only shows entries whose exact
> timestamp, scheduled or deadline, is the given day? And that ignores
> "Sched. nx" and "In m d." entries?

I assume binding both `org-deadline-warning-days' and
`org-scheduled-past-days' to 0 would be a start. Also, you could bind
`org-agenda-span' to `day'.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
@ 2017-02-04 16:12   ` Tamulis, Andrius
From: Tamulis, Andrius @ 2017-02-04 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the reply.

On 2017-02-03 16:16, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> "Tamulis, Andrius" <andriust@att.net> writes:
>
>> I note that in the latest version of orgmode, that the
>> org-agenda-only-exact-dates variable is no longer "honored". It is set
>> twice in org-agenda.el, but never checked, and so affects nothing.
>>
>> When this functionality was deleted,
> This variable is not documented in the manual. It has no docstring
> either. I see no functionality here, only an obscure dynamically scoped
> parameter.
If you search for org-agenda-exact-dates, you will find that I'm not the
only one who has used this variable, and not the only one who has
noticed its absence in version 9.
>> was any thought given to how one
>> may recreate the action of this variable? That is, in orgmode
>> 9.0.4, how can I create an agenda that only shows entries whose exact
>> timestamp, scheduled or deadline, is the given day? And that ignores
>> "Sched. nx" and "In m d." entries?
> I assume binding both `org-deadline-warning-days' and
> `org-scheduled-past-days' to 0 would be a start. Also, you could bind
> `org-agenda-span' to `day'.

The two variables you mention above fix almost everything for me - but
is there a "org-deadline-past-days" variable? Something that I could set
so that past due deadlines not be mentioned? Or may I suggest that
"org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines" have a value like "past", but one
that ignores deadlines that are in the past, but include those for
today. Or does that variable only work with TODO lists, and not with
agendas?

What I am trying to do is an agenda view in which only the tasks
specifically for the given day - whether scheduled or deadline - appears.

Thanks,

Andrius

* Re: Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
@ 2017-02-04 19:58     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-02-04 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamulis, Andrius; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Tamulis, Andrius" <andriust@att.net> writes:

> The two variables you mention above fix almost everything for me - but
> is there a "org-deadline-past-days" variable? Something that I could
> set so that past due deadlines not be mentioned? Or may I suggest that
> "org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines" have a value like "past", but one
> that ignores deadlines that are in the past, but include those for
> today.

Have you tried to set this variable to -1? According to the docstring,
it should do what you want. I didn't test it, tho.

* Re: Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
@ 2017-02-05 21:54       ` Tamulis, Andrius
From: Tamulis, Andrius @ 2017-02-05 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I had not read the docstring, but now I have, and I interpret it
differently than you did. As, it seems, did the people who coded it. I
want a zero value for org-deadline-warning-days, as I want no warnings
of future deadlines. But I also do not want notification of deadlines
that are past due, and that's not what org-deadline-warning-days is for.

Andrius

@ 2017-02-06 13:17         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-02-06 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamulis, Andrius; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Tamulis, Andrius" <andriust@att.net> writes:

> I had not read the docstring, but now I have, and I interpret it
> differently than you did. As, it seems, did the people who coded it.
> I want a zero value for org-deadline-warning-days, as I want no
> warnings of future deadlines. But I also do not want notification of
> deadlines that are past due, and that's not what
> org-deadline-warning-days is for.

I was talking about `org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines' not
`org-deadline-warning-days'.

It would only apply to deadlines with a TODO keyword, tho.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
@ 2017-02-06 20:43           ` Tamulis, Andrius
From: Tamulis, Andrius @ 2017-02-06 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I tried it - it turns out that org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines only
effects the global todo list.

Andrius