Hi Matthew, How do you do the untangling? I have been using an after-hook call to org-babel-tangle, which works quite well. It is a bit slow for large files with many code segments (like my Emacs init file at https://github.com/zzamboni/dot-emacs/blob/master/init.org ), and it requires a bit of discipline for editing only the org file and not the output file, but works well otherwise. I have never tried to de-tangle, that would require some markers in the output file I guess? Here’s the code I use at the moment I am super happy with it, as it prevents my output files to get out of sync from the org file: (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda () (add-hook 'after-save-hook 'org-babel-tangle 'run-at-end 'only-in-org-mode))) Best, —Diego > On 3 Mar 2018, at 04:38, Matthew Bauer wrote: > > Is there any good way to automatically tangle Org files and detangle tangled files? I frequently use this workflow but they often get out of sync. I have tried adding an after-save-hook but it’s too slow to be useful. Something like auto revert mode might work better... > > Anyone have solutions for this? > > -Matthew Bauer