From: "J. G." <jerzor@pacbell.net>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
Cc: Orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Linking SCHEDULED and DEADLINE repeating timestamps to avoid desynchronization
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:24:39 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

 Thanks for confirming the issue.
For the record, after doing some more research it looks like at least one other person came across this issue, and the workaround was using org-edna in place of the repeaters, which will push the timestamps together to the same date offset prior to the scheduled-deadline date range, and then increment them forward to the correct dates:
Use Edna Instead of the Repeater Pattern · Konubinix' Site

|  |

    On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 04:28:11 AM PDT, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

 "J. G." <jerzor@pacbell.net> writes:

> * TODO My late recurring todoSCHEDULED: <2023-04-12 Wed ++1w> DEADLINE: <2023-04-13 Thu ++1w>
> Right now it is Wednesday (2023-04-26 to be precise), and as shown above, my task had a scheduled timestamp on a Wednesday from a previous week. The repeater is ++1w, so marking the task as done bumps it to repeat on Wednesday of next week (2023-05-03 to be precise). That functions as expected.
> But the deadline timestamp is on a Thursday of a previous week with a
> repeater of ++1w, so marking the task as done bumps it to Thursday of
> this week (2023-04-27 to be precise). So marking it as done it has the
> logical but unexpected result of having the scheduled timestamp for a
> date (2023-05-03) after the deadline timestamp (2023-04-27).

Confirmed.
I think it makes sense to have a special case for scheduled and
deadlines, making sure that they shift by the same number of days in
future, when their repeaters are the same.

However, I do not think that it should be done for all other timestamps
under heading.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,