From: Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it>
To: Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>,
	Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>,
	Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [babel] demonstration mode-switching between code blocks
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:53:30 +0000 (GMT)	[thread overview]

--- Mer 4/11/09, Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>
> writes:
>
> > Hi Adam,
> > Just for
> reference, there are few major modes out
> >  there implementing this kind
> > of approach:
> >
> >      http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleModes
> >
> >     For example I have used
> > mmm-mode to good effect in the past, to
> >     auto-switch between HTML and Perl:
> >
> >      http://mmm-mode.sourceforge.net/
> >

> I have played with using MuMaMo mode before
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/8112
>
> but found it too buggy for practical use.

what about using C-c ' ?

(also suggested by Dan Davison)

manual 11.3 Literal examples
C-c '
     Edit the source code example at point in its native mode.  This
     works by switching to a temporary buffer with the source code.
     You need to exit by pressing `C-c '' again(3), the edited version
     will then replace the old version in the Org buffer.  Fixed-width
     regions (where each line starts with a colon followed by a space)
     will be edited using `artist-mode'(4) to allow creating ASCII
     drawings easily.  Using this command in an empty line will create
     a new fixed-width region.
hth

Giovanni