From: Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>
To: Bob Kline <bkline@rksystems.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Included org-mode files not exported properly
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:03:58 -0400	[thread overview]

Bob Kline <bkline@rksystems.com> wrote:

> At Fri, 7 Aug 2009 16:32:15 +0200,
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>
> > this bug was fixed on July 24:
> >
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git?a=commitdiff;h=68b65e8f480c17cfe1024001c236eb4065893f4d
> >
> > so you probably need to upgrade.
>
> Hmm.  I pulled down the latest code directly from the git repo, and I'm
> still seeing the buggy behavior.  Did you have a different meaning in
> mind for "upgrade"?

I suggested a workaround to Bob (unfortunately, I forgot to copy the list
so it's in a different thread): use

#+INCLUDE: "foo" markup

but I think Bob is right that there is a problem (possibly more than one).

o First, this does not agree with the documentation. In fact, Michael
Zeller had proposed a change in the documentation (see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15924) to make it conform to
the current working of the code. Carsten, could you take a look and if
you agree, apply that patch? (but see below first).

o Second, the markup argument can be anything. If it is present, then
the included file is processed as an org mode file for export (unless
markup is "src" or "SRC", in which case the lang argument comes into the
picture). In the thread above, Michael Zeller suggests "org" as the value
of the markup and his documentation fix is phrased accordingly, but as
far as the code goes that's purely conventional.

o Third, if the markup argument is not present, then org-get-file-contents
returns the contents of the file as a strings with commas preceding
the headlines, as Bob mentioned. What's this all about?

Thanks,
Nick