* Inserting text into the <head> part of an HTML document?
@ 2010-11-18 22:06 Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2010-11-18 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Stephen Eglen

I'm using org-mode to export an html file of my org file.  I'd like to
add the following line to the <head>  ... </head> section of the
document:

#+HTML: <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

[This line tells search indexes not to index the file.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=93710
]

but the HTML directive puts it in the body, rather than the head.
Any ideas how I'd get it into the head?  I tried +HTML_HEADER as an
analogy to LATEX_HEADER, but that doesn't seem to be defined.

Thanks, Stephen

org-version
"7.02trans"

* Re: Inserting text into the <head> part of an HTML document?
@ 2010-11-18 22:13 ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-11-18 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Eglen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Stephen,

There may be a better answer, but I see in the
doc-string for org-export-html-style, that:

As the value of this option simply gets inserted into the HTML <head>
header, you can \"misuse\" it to add arbitrary text to the header.
See also the variable `org-export-html-style-extra'.

However, I doubt you want to use the 'org-export-html-style' variable,
since it looks like you have to specify the entire header, but
perhaps the 'style-extra' version will do what you want?

--Erik

@ 2010-11-19  4:22   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-11-19  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, nicholas.dokos, Stephen Eglen

Erik Iverson <eriki@ccbr.umn.edu> wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> There may be a better answer, but I see in the
> doc-string for org-export-html-style, that:
>
> As the value of this option simply gets inserted into the HTML <head>
> header, you can \"misuse\" it to add arbitrary text to the header.
> See also the variable `org-export-html-style-extra'.
>
> However, I doubt you want to use the 'org-export-html-style' variable,
> since it looks like you have to specify the entire header, but
> perhaps the 'style-extra' version will do what you want?

I don't know of a better answer, but it's OK to use org-export-html-style
if you want. You don't need to specify the entire header: the default
style header comes from org-export-html-style-default.

However, the style-extra version *is* more convenient because it can
be set per-file with

#+STYLE:  whatever you want

Nick

* Re: Inserting text into the <head> part of an HTML document?
@ 2010-11-19 21:46     ` Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2010-11-19 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Stephen Eglen

Thanks Nick and Erik!  I just tried

#+STYLE: <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

which does what I was after.  I think this should be documented - so
I'll draft a patch.

Stephen

* Re: Inserting text into the <head> part of an HTML document?
@ 2010-11-19 21:53       ` Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2010-11-19 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Eglen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> which does what I was after.  I think this should be documented - so
> I'll draft a patch.

no need - I see its already there, I just missed it before.
(section 12.5.7 CSS support)

Stephen