* Percent completion colour disappeared
@ 2009-09-13 16:37 Melton Low
From: Melton Low @ 2009-09-13 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I may have found a problem with colouring of percent completion. The
percent completion is coloured green for completed headline and red
for uncompleted headline. This worked fine if the org file was opened
in the original frame emacs was started with. If you kill the org
buffer and reload the org file in a new frame it reverted to black.
The same occurred if you simply load the buffer into a new frame.

I can reproduce it with Emacs 23.1.1 and latest build from source. I
am also using the latest git pull of org-mode. Attached is my test
file.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Intel
Emacs 23.1.1 and Emacs 23.1.50 (latest cvs build)
Org-mode (latest build from git repo)

Mel

[-- Attachment #2: test.org --]

#+STARTUP: content
#+STARTUP: indent

* Test outline
*** Outline line 1
*** Outline line 2

* Completed to do items [2/2]
*** DONE completed 1
CLOSED: [2009-09-13 Sun 10:22]
- State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2009-09-13 Sun 10:22]
*** DONE completed 2
CLOSED: [2009-09-13 Sun 10:22]
- State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2009-09-13 Sun 10:22]
* To do items [0/3]
*** TODO to do 1
*** TODO to do 2
*** TODO to do 3

* Re: Percent completion colour disappeared
@ 2009-09-18 17:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-18 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Melton Low; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Melton,

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this problem.

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-19  4:25   ` Melton Low
From: Melton Low @ 2009-09-19  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I am on a Mac with OS X 10.5.8 Intel.
Try this:

1. start Emacs.app by clicking on the emacs app bundle in /Applications.
2. load the org file with to do items.
3. start up a new frame with C-x 5 2.

You will notice the problem is on the 2nd frame.  It's always on the
subsequent frames.

I see the same thing on my 10.4.11 PPC Mac as well.

This is just annoying but I can live with it if you can't reproduce it.

Mel

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com

@ 2009-09-19  7:26     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-19  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Melton Low; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, I now managed to reproduce it.  It seems to have to do with the
face that I am using copy-face to create this specific face.

But I don't know how to fix this.  Does anyone here know how to use copy
face in a way that the new face will look the same on any new frames?

Work-around:  Customize the face while it is still OK, and save the
state.

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-22 11:41     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-22 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Melton Low; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mel,

I believe this problem is now fixed, please verify.

@ 2009-09-23  2:34       ` Melton Low
From: Melton Low @ 2009-09-23  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode