From: thunk2@arcor.de (Thomas Plass)
To: Detlef Steuer <steuer@hsu-hh.de>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: How remove time from date-time stamp
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 23:56:25 +0200	[thread overview]

Detlef,

Detlef Steuer wrote at 14:36 on April 8, 2019:
: When in agenda view I can use C-k to kill an entry
: or S-right to promote to next day etc.
:
: What I need really often in my workflow is the
: promotion to another day, but without the time part of the time stamp

This type of remote edit won't be possible without rewriting Org code.

However, if you want to directly change timestamps in the buffer they
live (not: an agenda view), then S-right/left/up/down can call a hook
function that does what you're trying to achieve.

Thomas