* Multiple tags on a heading?
@ 2018-04-25 13:59 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2018-04-25 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

To set a tag for a heading one uses C-C C-q (or C-c C-c if one is on the
heading).  The minibuffer shows you a listing of all the tags, and refines it as
you type.  That works very well.

What about if one wants to have two tags?  Is there a similar way to add the
second tag?  I have to type it in by hand---am I overlooking something?

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: http://ghg.earth/

* Re: Multiple tags on a heading?
@ 2018-04-25 14:39 ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2018-04-25 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Denton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

William Denton writes on Wed 25 Apr 2018 09:59:

 > To set a tag for a heading one uses C-C C-q (or C-c C-c if one is
 > on the heading).  The minibuffer shows you a listing of all the
 > tags, and refines it as you type.  That works very well.
 >
 > What about if one wants to have two tags?  Is there a similar way
 > to add the second tag?  I have to type it in by hand---am I
 > overlooking something?

I have the same problem using org version 9.1.9.  However, with 'emacs
-Q' (version 8.2.10), I can enter in a natural way several tags with a
single 'C-c C-q'.  Bug?

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr

* Re: Multiple tags on a heading?
@ 2018-04-26  0:47   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-26  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain.Cochard; +Cc: William Denton, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> William Denton writes on Wed 25 Apr 2018 09:59:
>
>  > To set a tag for a heading one uses C-C C-q (or C-c C-c if one is
>  > on the heading).  The minibuffer shows you a listing of all the
>  > tags, and refines it as you type.  That works very well.
>  >
>  > What about if one wants to have two tags?  Is there a similar way
>  > to add the second tag?  I have to type it in by hand---am I
>  > overlooking something?
>
> I have the same problem using org version 9.1.9.  However, with 'emacs
> -Q' (version 8.2.10), I can enter in a natural way several tags with a
> single 'C-c C-q'.  Bug?

I think this is now fixed on master. Could you confirm it?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Multiple tags on a heading?
@ 2018-04-26  1:03     ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2018-04-26  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 26 April 2018, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

>> > To set a tag for a heading one uses C-C C-q (or C-c C-c if one is
>> > on the heading).  The minibuffer shows you a listing of all the
>> > tags, and refines it as you type.  That works very well.
>> >
>> > What about if one wants to have two tags?  Is there a similar way
>> > to add the second tag?  I have to type it in by hand---am I
>> > overlooking something?
>>
>> I have the same problem using org version 9.1.9.  However, with 'emacs
>> -Q' (version 8.2.10), I can enter in a natural way several tags with a
>> single 'C-c C-q'.  Bug?
>
> I think this is now fixed on master. Could you confirm it?

It's different---and thanks for your quick work---but I'm still not sure if it's
actually able to let me browse all of the available tags and let me add first
one tag and then another.

If I use C-c C-q then I get the menu of tags and can enter a few letters to get
to the one I want, for example "meetings", but then if I hit C-c C-q again I
get:

   Tags: :meetings:_

Then I have to remember the other tag I want to use and type it in from
memory---there's no way to see and search the menu again.  Is there a way to
search the menu of tags again?

Merci beaucoup,

Bill
--

@ 2018-04-26  8:35       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-26  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Denton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:

> It's different---and thanks for your quick work---but I'm still not
> sure if it's actually able to let me browse all of the available tags
> and let me add first one tag and then another.
>
> If I use C-c C-q then I get the menu of tags and can enter a few
> letters to get to the one I want, for example "meetings", but then if
> I hit C-c C-q again I get:
>
>   Tags: :meetings:_
>
> Then I have to remember the other tag I want to use and type it in
> from memory---there's no way to see and search the menu again.  Is
> there a way to search the menu of tags again?

I cannot reproduce this. Could you provide an ECM, i.e., including the
configuration you use for tags?

* Re: Multiple tags on a heading?
@ 2018-04-26 11:31     ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2018-04-26 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: William Denton, emacs-orgmode, Alain.Cochard

Nicolas Goaziou writes on Thu 26 Apr 2018 02:47:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:
 >
 > > William Denton writes on Wed 25 Apr 2018 09:59:
 > >
 > >  > To set a tag for a heading one uses C-C C-q (or C-c C-c if one is
 > >  > on the heading).  The minibuffer shows you a listing of all the
 > >  > tags, and refines it as you type.  That works very well.
 > >  >
 > >  > What about if one wants to have two tags?  Is there a similar way
 > >  > to add the second tag?  I have to type it in by hand---am I
 > >  > overlooking something?
 > >
 > > I have the same problem using org version 9.1.9.  However, with 'emacs
 > > -Q' (version 8.2.10), I can enter in a natural way several tags with a
 > > single 'C-c C-q'.  Bug?
 >
 > I think this is now fixed on master. Could you confirm it?

Actually, if I use a void .emacs file and just the command 'emacs' to
run emacs -- which also uses the same 9.1.9 elpa version --, then
everything works as I would expect:

'C-c c-c' or 'C-c C-q' on the headline enters the minibuffer, then
<TAB> shows all possible tags; once one tag is entered (completion
works), giving, say,

  Tags: :meetings:

then another <TAB> shows all tags again, and so on.

Another 'C-c c-c' or 'C-c C-q' on the headline enters again the
minibuffer, showing all the already entered tags.  And so on.

--

@ 2018-04-26 12:27       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-26 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain.Cochard; +Cc: William Denton, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> Actually, if I use a void .emacs file and just the command 'emacs' to
> run emacs -- which also uses the same 9.1.9 elpa version --, then
> everything works as I would expect:
>
> 'C-c c-c' or 'C-c C-q' on the headline enters the minibuffer, then
> <TAB> shows all possible tags; once one tag is entered (completion
> works), giving, say,
>
>   Tags: :meetings:
>
> then another <TAB> shows all tags again, and so on.
>
> Another 'C-c c-c' or 'C-c C-q' on the headline enters again the
> minibuffer, showing all the already entered tags.  And so on.

I do not understand. Is there still an issue? If so, could you show your
tag related configuration?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Multiple tags on a heading?
@ 2018-04-26 12:33         ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2018-04-26 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: William Denton, emacs-orgmode, Alain.Cochard

 > I do not understand. Is there still an issue?

No, for me there is no issue (apart somewhere in my own config).

Sorry for not not having been clear enough.