* HTML export: Lists and horizontal rules
@ 2009-07-16 17:43 Brenton Kenkel
From: Brenton Kenkel @ 2009-07-16 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I'm using org-mode 6.28e on Aquamacs (based on GNU Emacs 22.3.1) on
Mac OS X. I'm having an issue with horizontal rules and lists in HTML
export. When I export the following to HTML, the horizontal rule tag
is generated within the unordered list, rather than after it ends:

,-----
| * test
|
| - this is a list
|

| -----
|
| * next section
|
| No list.
|

| -----

`-----

I want the first horizontal rule to be even with the second; namely,
extending all the way to the left. Any way to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Brenton Kenkel

* Re: HTML export: Lists and horizontal rules
@ 2009-07-16 23:29 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-16 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brenton Kenkel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Brenton,

Brenton Kenkel <brenton.kenkel@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using org-mode 6.28e on Aquamacs (based on GNU Emacs 22.3.1) on
> Mac OS X. I'm having an issue with horizontal rules and lists in HTML
> export. When I export the following to HTML, the horizontal rule tag
> is generated within the unordered list, rather than after it ends:
>
> ,-----
> | * test
> |
> | - this is a list
> |

> | -----
> |
> | * next section
> |
> | No list.
> |

> | -----
> |
> `-----

You can tell the list to close by using this specific item:

- ___

(A dash, a space and three underscore characters)

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: HTML export: Lists and horizontal rules
@ 2009-08-03  4:32   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-03  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 17, 2009, at 1:29 AM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Brenton,
>
> Brenton Kenkel <brenton.kenkel@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm using org-mode 6.28e on Aquamacs (based on GNU Emacs 22.3.1) on
>> Mac OS X. I'm having an issue with horizontal rules and lists in HTML
>> export. When I export the following to HTML, the horizontal rule tag
>> is generated within the unordered list, rather than after it ends:
>>
>> ,-----
>> | * test
>> |
>> | - this is a list
>> |

>> | -----
>> |
>> | * next section
>> |
>> | No list.
>> |

>> | -----
>> |
>> `-----
>
> You can tell the list to close by using this specific item:
>
> - ___
>
> (A dash, a space and three underscore characters)
>
> HTH,

But this should also work without this trick, and it does now.

- Carsten