From: Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>
To: Jordi Inglada <jordi.inglada@cesbio.cnes.fr>
Cc: nicholas.dokos@hp.com, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Title page for book latex export
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:04:37 -0400	[thread overview]

Jordi Inglada <jordi.inglada@cesbio.cnes.fr> wrote:

> Nick Dokos writes:
>  > <rant>
>  > ...
>  > </rant>
>  >

> Sorry. I did not notice that my not understanding what the problem was
> was going to upset anybody. I'll be more careful next time.

A couple of points:

    o although I meant what I said in the <rant> seriously, I was not
      upset. I guess my humor is dry as dust, but I can assure you I
      was chuckling while composing the mail.

    o I *certainly* was not upset at your not understanding the problem.
      This is exactly what the list is about. And your question was
      entirely appropriate for the list.

    o Although your post was the trigger, the rant was not meant for you
      personally: it was meant for the whole list. It is often the case
      that people describe a problem with very little detail and it
      takes a series of back-and-forths before we can really understand
      what the problem is. Sometimes that's inevitable but many times
      it can be avoided. My suggestion was to include enough detail
      in the original report so the back-and-forth can be avoided to
      the extent possible.

So I hope I did not offend you and if I did offend you, I apologize:
that was not my purpose at all, and a rant that offends but does not
educate is no good at all.

Nick