Hi Peter, thanks for noticing and reporting this discrepancy. These additional keys only work if you turn off the automatic incremental search by setting `org-goto-auto-isearch'. I have updated the documentation to reflect this fact. - Carsten On Oct 24, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Peter Straka wrote: > Hello all, > > recently I learned about c-c c-j which is a kind of outline navigator. > > in the manual is written: > > > ,---- > | `C-c C-j' > | Jump to a different place without changing the current outline > | visibility. Shows the document structure in a temporary > buffer, > | where you can use the following keys to find your destination: > | Cycle visibility. > | / Next/previous visible headline. > | n / p Next/previous visible headline. > | f / b Next/previous headline same level. > | u One level up. > | 0-9 Digit argument. > | Select this location. > `---- > > and after involing a minibuffer help is displayed: > > ,---- > | Browse buffer copy, to find location or copy text. Just type for > auto-isearch. > | RET=jump to location [Q]uit and return to previous > location > | [Up]/[Down]=next/prev headline TAB=cycle visibility [/] org- > occur > `---- > > Now my question: > > If I invoke this function all works with exception of the > "letter" > commands "n" "p" "f" "b" "u" "Q". These invoke the auto- > isearch > (e.g. searching for n or Q). I tried it in emacs 22.2 and 6.09a > and > 23.60 with 6.06. So my question is: did I make an error or is > possibly > the description not up to date? > > > Secondly one minimal error in the Manual 1.2 Installation: > > Add the following lines to your .emacs file. The last *two* lines > define > global keys for the commands org-store-link, org-agenda, > and > org-iswitchb - please choose suitable keys yourself. > > Should be three instead of two. Indeed, fixed as well. - Carsten