* How to create synopsis output of versioned text?
@ 2015-05-20 18:13 Martin Weigele
From: Martin Weigele @ 2015-05-20 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

When dealing with different versions of text, e.g. old and new (law) code, it
is sometimes nice to be able to create a synopsis of the versions of the text
in tabular form.

Any suggestions how to do this in emacs orgmode? Yes I know you can manually
do tables, and you could call unix diff, but something that does it
automatically from the individual text versions with a tabular output - old
version left, new version right column, with similar sections or code pieces
matching in the same row would be cool. As a last resort, even outside
orgmode. :)

Martin

* Re: How to create synopsis output of versioned text?
@ 2015-05-20 20:21 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2015-05-20 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Weigele; +Cc: Org Mode

I use 'latexdiff' for this, but it does not have a side-by-side option.

  -k.

@ 2015-05-20 20:50   ` Martin Weigele
From: Martin Weigele @ 2015-05-20 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode; +Cc: Ken Mankoff

Thanks Ken, your wording "side-by-side-options" helped me now tracking down
emacs "ediff" (M-x ediff-files). But this probably won't do the trick of side-
by-side output other than on screen.

Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015, 16:21:55 schrieben Sie: