Hi Suvayu, I think Matt's lisp code /should/ work for doing exactly what we are talking about, but for some reason I can't get it to work with LaTeX export. Anyway, good luck on your defense! Chris On May 5, 2011 1:37pm, Suvayu Ali wrote: > Hello Chris, > Sorry for the delay, had to attend a meeting. > On Thu, 5 May 2011 11:37:41 -0400 > Chris Malone chris.m.malone@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi Suvayu, > > > > Thanks for sharing your use case - I'm interested in a few more > > details: > > > > > For example for my appendix and bibliography I use the following: > > > > > > #+INCLUDE: thesis-appendix.org :minlevel 1 > [...] > > > > Would this #+INCLUDE line come within the last chapter headline? In > > other words did you have something like > > > > #+INCLUDE: frontmatter.org > > * Chapter 1 > > .... > > * Chapter 2 > > ... > > * Last Chapter > > .... > > #+INCLUDE: thesis-appendix.org :minlevel 1 > > . > > . > > . > > \bibliography{master} > > > > With this, it seems that all of the appendix/backmatter gets folded > > into the last chapter heading. That is sort of the way I'm thinking > > of working my thesis, but it seems sub-optimal. > > > Yes that is correct. It folds into the last chapter, and I too find this > sub-optimal. If there was a way to specify certain headlines were > "special" and needed to be exported according to the sub-tree > properties, that would be ideal. Although I haven't looked into it, I'm > afraid it would require some lisp intervention. > That said, I just found a possible workaround. If you put the appendix > and bibliography and friends under the Footnotes headline, it somewhat > replicates the behaviour I would like to have. Something like this: > * Footnotes > [fn:1] footnote 1 > [fn:2] footnote 2 > #+INCLUDE: thesis-appendix.org :minlevel 1 > #+LaTeX: \backmatter > #+LaTeX: \newpage > #+LaTeX: \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\bibname} > #+LaTeX: \bibliographystyle{plain} > #+LaTeX: \bibliography{master} > After my thesis defence I might actually get around to attempting to > deal with this in lisp. Would be a good learning excercise. :) > > Chris > -- > Suvayu > Open source is the future. It sets us free.