* SEQ_TODO and Headline percentages
@ 2009-07-25  1:54 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-07-25  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way for non-SEQ_TODO labeled sub-headings to still count in
the headline percentage?

Examples are in order...

Currently:
* Some Project [100%]
 As you can see in this example, the headings % is 100 because
 the first sub heading has no "SEQ_TODO" label.
  * Sub heading with no SEQ_TODO label
  * DONE sub heading with label

Desired:
* Some Project [50%]
 Note the non-labeled sub-heading results in only 50%
  * Sub heading with no SEQ_TODO label
  * DONE sub heading with label

At the current time, my "fix" is to go ahead and give a label to all
sub-headings.  So the above example would have to have something,
perhaps "CREATED" or "Qd" (queued).  I'm hoping to alleviate this.

Thanks, and glad to be back with Org-Mode...

---------------
David A. Gershman
gershman@dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman

* Re: SEQ_TODO and Headline percentages
@ 2009-07-27  4:28 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-07-27  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Ok, now I'm pissed and bummed...

I *REALLY* want to use Org-Mode for my GTD stuff, task lists, etc, etc,
etc.  However, one of my biggest gripes is that I don't have access to
my data when I'm away from the computer or its turned off (i.e. grocery
shopping, watching TV at night, and so on...)

This is the *only* list I'm a member of where one can ask a question and
in a few days, ! BAM !, feature included.  You guys are truly AWESOME!!!

So, any way you can add a command

  "org-upload-to-brain-for-people-not-always-on-computer"

for when I stick one end of my USB cable in the computer and the
other... *wink*

(Sorry for the image...its late...I'm tired...and I still don't have my
GTD life in order...)

*sigh* Thanks guys, you really are the best!

---------------

@ 2009-07-27 15:55 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-07-27 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

After a good night's rest, I came to the realization this solution
doesn't help my issue.  I was asking if there was a way for

* Heading 1 [%]
 * Sub 1
 * TODO Sub 2
 * DONE Sub 3

To have a statistic of 33% done instead of now it would say 50%.  The
sub heading with *no* TODO kw is not even counted.

With the new solution, can a TODO kw be, say, "NIL" to count non-kw lines?

Thanks!