From: Detlef Steuer <steuer@hsu-hh.de>
To: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Provide link to pdf manual etc on homepage?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:36:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

very minor, but I just *again* searched for the pdf documentation :-)

The pdf versions of the org manual and the org guide are on
orgmode.org, but have no visible references for users.

I.e. there are https://orgmode.org/orgguide.pdf and
https://orgmode.org/org.pdf but these are somehow kept as a secret.

Is there any reason to do so?

Their existence could be announced in the "Further reading" section of
https://orgmode.org/index.html by just additionally provinding links to
the pdf versions. (Like it is done for the reference card in worg.)

My usecase ist keeping an uptodate copy of these files on an e-reader.

The elpa version does not provide pdf documentation and furthermore the
Makefiles in the elpa package do not work outside of the emacs source
tree it seems, therefore generating it for myself is not as easy as I
expected.

Especially for newcomers such links would be useful, too, I guess.

All the best
Detlef