On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 05:16:50PM +0200, Marco Wahl wrote: > Hi. > > > is org mode rebinding keys in the calendar? > > Yes. "c" calls the Org agenda. > > "i" in the calendar calls org-agenda-diary-entry when > org-agenda-diary-file has been configured. (See function > org--setup-calendar-bindings.) Thanks! This must be it, I'll have a look and report back. > > I ask, because I've been using traditional calendar+diary; now, > > when I try to insert an entry (i-d in calendar), I get > > > > "Wrong type argument: commandp, org-agenda-diary-entry" > > > The following experiment points in Org's general direction: > > > > - emacs -Q > > - M-x calendar > > - with point on some date, i-d > > - diary buffer is open, with a new line primed with date > > - M-x load-library "org" > > - again, in calendar, i-d > > - the above error results. > > > > I'm not sure yet whether I fat-fingered something, so I'd like > > some hints in investigating before declaring this to be a bug. > > Thanks for providing a detailed path to the error. But I can't > reproduce this error; I get > > - diary buffer is open, with a new line primed with date > > instead of the error. I must have mis-communicated. The above (i.e. diary buffer opens with no error) happens after the -Q. Note that it is the non-org diary. > Since you start with -Q and command org-agenda-diary-entry is a command > in org-agenda this looks suspicious AFAICT. > > Does the > > - M-x load-library "org" > > mix in some weird Org version and/or setting? And btw why load Org a > second time? No, it is the first load of org. I'll look into org-agenda diary file, as you suggest above. Cheers - t