On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 10:22:20AM +0100, Juan Manuel MacĂ­as wrote: > tomas@tuxteam.de writes: > > > My post was rather a warning that "multi-line" will mean > > different things to different people. > > Yes I agree. It is not the same as how a table is represented in Org and > how it should be rendered when exported to some typographic format like > (let's say) LaTeX [...] Exactly :-) > The problem here (IMHO) is a problem of discomfort of edit within Org, > when the cell has a lot of text and when we are under the 'tyranny' of > the single line. I understood that this is your focus. And it's IMHO a good idea to separate things and solve one at a time. For export formats, there could be (yet another) "signal" to convey "new paragraph here" which then is the exporter's job. Perhaps an empty line (as is traditional in TeX) or something else. But that's another building site :) Cheers - t