On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 10:13:01AM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote: > Dear org mode users, > > I have a small elisp function that I use to process my org file before > export to LaTeX or HTML, adding this function to > org-export-before-parsing-hook. Briefly, the function exports the TBLFM > lines so that the org table calculations can be inspected. This is for > pedagogical use. > > This works just fine. However, I don't want to do this generally so I > have a variable that controls whether the processing happens or not. Is > there some way to make this variable local to an org file for use in the > export? I have tried combinations of setq-local and #+BIND: but have > not yet managed to get this work successfully. Perhaps a file local variable? Either in the first line: -*- mode: MODENAME; VAR: VALUE; ... -*- or at the end of the file: # Local Variables: # mode: org # my-var: value # End: (Indentation is for clarity, remove) Cheers - t