On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:14:56PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote: [...] > I finally figured out the following initialization code for orgmode > based on your above wonderful notes: > > (add-to-list 'load-path "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/lisp") > (add-to-list 'load-path > "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/contrib/lisp" t) > (require 'org) Great, that works as well. You bypass the autoload mechanism with that -- org gets loaded unconditionally. But since you will use it anyway, it doesn't make that big of a difference. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can teach us how one might add an externally installed package into the autoload machinery. Cheers - t