* [ ] Checkboxes or count of completed TODOs in subtree?
@ 2015-09-24  8:41 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-09-24  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I would like to be able to use something like checkboxes in a tree of
headers.

I understand that checkboxes only work in simple lists, i.e. not on
headers and trees of headers.

But I would like to see in my document (an ongoing analysis, of which
certain parts in each subtree are completed and others still need to
be done) which subtree contains how many TODO subheaders, effectively as
I can do with simple lists and checkboxes.

But as this is the basis for a paper, I want to keep the headers and not
use simple lists.

Is this possible? Is there a way to see how many active TODOs are still
under each header?

Thanks,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ ] Checkboxes or count of completed TODOs in subtree?
@ 2015-09-24  9:29 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-09-24  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:41:19AM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> I would like to be able to use something like checkboxes in a tree of
> headers.
>
> I understand that checkboxes only work in simple lists, i.e. not on
> headers and trees of headers.
>
> But I would like to see in my document (an ongoing analysis, of which
> certain parts in each subtree are completed and others still need to
> be done) which subtree contains how many TODO subheaders, effectively as
> I can do with simple lists and checkboxes.
>
> But as this is the basis for a paper, I want to keep the headers and not
> use simple lists.
>
> Is this possible? Is there a way to see how many active TODOs are still
> under each header?

You can use statistics cookies for TODO states on the parent headline.

  * Parent [1/3]

  ** TODO Section 1

  ** WInP Section 2

  ** DONE Section 3

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Solved: [ ] Checkboxes or count of completed TODOs in subtree?
@ 2015-09-24 10:16   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-09-24 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode