* How to export to pdf and link to other pdf-files?
@ 2015-05-20  2:58 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2015-05-20  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

What do I need to do to inhibit the inclusion of pdf files as graphics
files, when exporting an org file to pdf?

Ideally I would like to have links to referenced pdf files and not have
them treated as embedded graphics.

Thanks!
Dov

* Re: How to export to pdf and link to other pdf-files?
@ 2015-05-20  9:43 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-20  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com> writes:

> What do I need to do to inhibit the inclusion of pdf files as graphics
> files, when exporting an org file to pdf?
>
> Ideally I would like to have links to referenced pdf files and not have
> them treated as embedded graphics.

A very quick look suggests it's hardcoded in org-latex--inline-image.
Thus, the easiest thing may be to use a filter and be sure to include the
pdf extension.  I think you might have to use
org-export-filter-paragraph-functions,

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Dung makes an excellent fertilizer

* Re: How to export to pdf and link to other pdf-files?
@ 2015-05-20  9:51   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-05-20  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:43:13AM +0200, Rasmus wrote:
> Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > What do I need to do to inhibit the inclusion of pdf files as graphics
> > files, when exporting an org file to pdf?
> >
> > Ideally I would like to have links to referenced pdf files and not have
> > them treated as embedded graphics.
>
> A very quick look suggests it's hardcoded in org-latex--inline-image.
> Thus, the easiest thing may be to use a filter and be sure to include the
> pdf extension.  I think you might have to use
> org-export-filter-paragraph-functions,

I think the OP can simply add a description to the links.  AFAIK, links
with descriptions are exported as links during LaTeX export.

Okay I can confirm this.  The following:

  [[file:/tmp/foo.pdf][A link]]

is exported as:

  \href{file:///tmp/foo.pdf}{A link}

Hope this helps,