On 17-Mar-2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Also, the bug is about table alignment when `org-pretty-entities' is > used. Okay. So if I'm reporting a regression in the text (non-GUI) Emacs behaviour of Org mode, I should make a separate report? > > So the U+2003 EM SPACE character should be translated *during > > export*, and not be literally in the displayed text. > > No, because it means this character should be treated specially by > Org (e.g., LaTeX just ignores it so it needs to be turned into a > space there). That conflicts with what you're saying later: > > But not for display, which is the bug to be fixed here. > > Actually, it works more or less correctly for display on GUI with a > non-nil `org-pretty-entities', or calling > `org-toggle-pretty-entities'. So the behaviour is masked by special behaviour of “entities”. Why is that special behaviour acceptable, but allowing export of U+2003 is not? On 22-Mar-2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > This should now be fixed. The markup used is more readable and > doesn't alter table alignment. Is that true for text-only terminals too? -- \ “See, in my line of work you gotta keep repeating things over | `\ and over and over again, for the truth to sink in; to kinda | _o__) catapult the propaganda.” —George W. Bush, 2005-05 | Ben Finney