* Redacting text in HTML export
@ 2015-01-07 23:25 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2015-01-07 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there any way to completely redact text in HTML export, so it just
looks like black boxes?

Thank you.

-pd

* Re: Redacting text in HTML export
@ 2015-01-08  1:42 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-01-08  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> Is there any way to completely redact text in HTML export, so it just
> looks like black boxes?

Does

        http://davidwalsh.name/redacted-font

help?

--
Nick

* Re: Redacting text in HTML export
@ 2015-01-08  9:34 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-01-08  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> Is there any way to completely redact text in HTML export, so it just
> looks like black boxes?

I'm not sure I fully understand, but it this what you are looking for?

#+MACRO: redact @@html:<span class="redact" style="color:black; background-color:black;">$1</span>@@
to {{{redact(redact)}}} or not to {{{redact(redact)}}} that is the question.

--
Not everything that goes around comes back around, you know

* Re: Redacting text in HTML export
@ 2015-01-08 11:53   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2015-01-08 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 10:34:44AM +0100, Rasmus wrote:
> Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
> > Is there any way to completely redact text in HTML export, so it just
> > looks like black boxes?
>
> I'm not sure I fully understand, but it this what you are looking for?
>
> #+MACRO: redact @@html:<span class="redact" style="color:black; background-color:black;">$1</span>@@
> to {{{redact(redact)}}} or not to {{{redact(redact)}}} that is the question.

Oh! That would have done it! I wound up editing the <span ...> and </span> tags into the html by hand. This was for a blog post
<http://www.techcurmudgeon.com/2015/01/editorial-policies.html>, so I didn't have a lot of control over style sheets, fonts, etc.

Thank you!
-pd

--