Hi, The latest version of notmuch (actually for quite a while now) ships with an alternate nicely threaded search interface called notmuch-tree. Earlier this was in contrib, but now it is part of core. So I thought it would be nice to use that to follow org-notmuch links. Attached are two patches: the first adds the customize options, the second provides a function that uses notmuch-tree to follow links. The defaults are set to the old behaviour, so this should not cause any surprises. I have done some light testing, and the patches seem to behave nicely. Cheers, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.