From: Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Using Emacs, Org-mode and R for Research Writing in Social Sciences
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:19:35 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Vikas,

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 08:40:13PM +0200, Vikas Rawal wrote:

> > It seems safer/efficient to focus on making modular documentation that
> > is the definitive *best*/*right* way (and *best* explained) to do
> > something, and then to link to that prolifically.
> >

> Your points are very valid and expressed convincingly.
>
> Writing this document was a result of, first and foremost, a personal urge to write it, and secondly, in view of very specific use cases (my graduate students, to whom I wanted to provide a one-stop shop, before they explore rest of the stuff).
>
> That said, your arguments that it is not optimal to include such a document as part of documentation on orgmode.org is perhaps right. I can see that maintaining modular non-repetitive content is easier. Long-term maintenance of documentation should be an important concern for something that is under heavy development.
>
> Unless others feel differently, I would let the document float around the cyberspace, on my personal website and on github, for anyone to discover and use.

I hate a good resource getting lost in the Internet.  So I would like to
suggest you make a shorter version for Worg, just focusing on the
"producing a complete document part": R, ESS, pandoc, and all.

Of course that requires more of your time and effort.  So how about
using Worg as it is meant to be, copy paste the relevant sections into
worg and collaboratively trim it down to shape?

If people think that is a good idea, I could give this a first shot
sometime next week.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu