On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 13:22:45 -0500 Nick Dokos wrote: > Sharon Kimble writes: > > > I'm using [fn:1] to reference articles in an academic article, but > > how should I reference it back from the list of references at the > > end of the article please? > > > > Thanks > > Sharon. > > Not sure what you mean: in the org-mode buffer or in some exported > file? In the former case, C-c C-c on the footnote marker in the text > takes you to the footnote and C-c C-c on the footnote marker in the > footnote takes you back. > The article is in org-mode and I can open the file easily in a buffer, and everywhere that the original article has a reference to a numbered item in the 'References' section at the end of the article, I have put [fn:*] where * is the number of the reference. The [fn:*] has been manually put in, without using any keybindings or macros. What I'm now looking for is some way to link my [fn:*] to its mate in the reference list. Can it be done please? Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.50.1 Registered Linux user 561944