Hello, ** Rasmus [2014-01-19 15:19:40 +0100]: > Vladimir Lomov writes: >> Hello, >> ** Rasmus [2014-01-18 20:36:35 +0100]: >>> Hi, >>> This example produces invalid LaTeX code: >>> #+CAPTION: test >>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :mode math :environment pmatrix >>> | \alpha | \beta | \gamma | >>> Namely, >>> \begin{equation} >>> \caption{test text} >>> \mathbf{H}=\begin{pmatrix} >>> \vdots & 0 & \vdots \\ >>> \vdots & H & \vdots \\ >>> \vdots & 0 & \vdots \\ >>> \end{pmatrix}. >>> \end{equation} [...] >> IMHO, this is wrong approach. > I don't understand. As I said, this is IMHO. >> I would consider this example as a special way to generate a matrix >> when exporting to LaTeX, then CAPTION is useless here. Also, HTML >> export will give differently looking result. > But it shouldn't. It should produce a matrix as well, e.g. via > MathJax. At first, I wanted to write the following: And would will be if one doesn't use MathJax? For example, I prefer to use dvipng to generate PNG images (there are several reasons for this). So, basically, this is a special case, and an user evidently knows about this. But then I tried to export this example document to HTML with MathJax and it fails. Consider these two examples: 'ex-tbl.org' and 'ex-tbl2.org' (attached to the message). After exporting first to html I get 'ex-tbl.html' without MathJax, the second has MathJax but only for formula. As I expected, problem occurs only for LaTeX export, due to a bit weird combination. I'm not a mathematician but I read many books on mathematics and theoretical physics (I'm a physicist) and don't remember examples of use an equation with a caption. Equation enclosed into a frame, yes, I see and use that, numbered or tagged equations, even placed into a float (though didn't try yet). Again, this was my IMHO. And I can't imagine situation when I would need a caption for equation, because there are other ways to emphasize an equation. What I see from this special example is how it is convenient to create a matrix for "math mode" in Org document. > –Rasmus --- WBR, Vladimir Lomov -- Monotheism is a gift from the gods.