* "No link found" on links in drawers
@ 2014-03-26 17:32 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-03-26 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I am using custom links like "[[photo:FirstnameLastname.jpg]]" in my
contacts.org.

Those links stopped working recently. Whenever I try to click or C-c
C-c the link, I get "user-error: No link found".

Same happens with file: links.

Both links work outside of my PROPERTIES drawer.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: "No link found" on links in drawers
@ 2014-03-27  9:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-27  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I am using custom links like "[[photo:FirstnameLastname.jpg]]" in my
> contacts.org.
>
> Those links stopped working recently. Whenever I try to click or C-c
> C-c the link, I get "user-error: No link found".

This is a known issue, related to the recent rewrite of
`org-open-at-point', which is more careful about handling links
only in places where they are properly defined syntacticly-wise.

I will provide a workaround for raw links in property drawers
and comments, letting org-open-at-point to fall back on `ffap'
there.  I don't have any good ideas for handling bracket links
in property drawers so far.

--
 Bastien

* Re: "No link found" on links in drawers
@ 2014-04-03 16:46   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-04-03 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bon soir, Bastien!

* Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> I am using custom links like "[[photo:FirstnameLastname.jpg]]" in my
>> contacts.org.
>>
>> Those links stopped working recently. Whenever I try to click or C-c
>> C-c the link, I get "user-error: No link found".
>
> This is a known issue, related to the recent rewrite of
> `org-open-at-point', which is more careful about handling links
> only in places where they are properly defined syntacticly-wise.
>
> I will provide a workaround for raw links in property drawers
> and comments, letting org-open-at-point to fall back on `ffap'
> there.  I don't have any good ideas for handling bracket links
> in property drawers so far.

FYI: I just updated my Org-mode from the git repos and the issue
still persists.

--

@ 2014-05-26 15:48     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> FYI: I just updated my Org-mode from the git repos and the issue
> still persists.

this is now fixed in master...

--
 Bastien

* Re: "No link found" on links in drawers
@ 2014-05-26 17:52       ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-05-26 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> FYI: I just updated my Org-mode from the git repos and the issue
>> still persists.
>
> this is now fixed in master...

I can confirm that it is working again.

Thank you very much, Bastien!