Hi Thierry, On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 11:10:47PM +0000, Thierry Banel wrote: > Carsten Dominik gmail.com> writes: > > > > This is not a lot of code - I would not mind simply integrating this into > org-table.el The only hickup might be > > that this could be trouble for the exporters - or have you produced the > webpage directly from an org file? > > I'm not sure I understand the exporters issue. > Do you talk about the html exporter, the Odt exporter, and so on ? > Well, once a plot has been added to a table, it is just text. > It will be exported as any other content in the table. > Maybe I'm missing something... > > Yes, this webpage: > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/orgtbl-ascii-plot.html > was produced by the Worg engine, from a regular Org file. Technically speaking, it is not exported as a table since you put it as part of example block. However a quick test tells me, html export will work fine (screenshot attached). However LaTeX export is an entirely different story. Unicode support in normal pdflatex is quite non-trivial. If you use XeLaTeX, I think you could get it to work with some appropriate choice of fonts. I tried libertine and dejavu without any luck. Hope this helps, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.