* BEAMER_act and special environments
@ 2013-11-11  3:14 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-11-11  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hi,

I'm not especially familiar with emacs-lisp and I haven't looked at the
functions for node properties at all. Unfortunately, I'm under a time
crunch today and I don't have the few hours it would take to get up to
speed (otherwise, I'd have a go at it myself).

It seems that everything in org-beamer-environments-default supports
overlay specifications, except beamercolorbox. OK... what about
org-beamer-environments-special? I found today that B_columns ignores any
overlay specification given in the heading's properties. That is:

**** Header							  :B_columns:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_env: columns
     :BEAMER_act: 2-
     :END:
(... with some BMCOL headings underneath...)

-->

\begin{columns}
.. blah blah...
\end{columns}

.. where I would have hoped for "\begin{columns}<2->"

I was able to work around the limitation by wrapping the "columns"
environments within "onlyenv" environments. But it seems to me that it
might be nicer to be able to write the overlay directly into the affected
environment.

I don't mind poking around the code, but I'd need some tips. I can see
where B_columns gets formatted, but I'm not clear how to check for a
BEAMER_act property.

Thanks,
hjh

* Re: BEAMER_act and special environments
@ 2013-11-11  8:11 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-11  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: orgmode

Hello,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> It seems that everything in org-beamer-environments-default supports
> overlay specifications, except beamercolorbox. OK... what about
> org-beamer-environments-special? I found today that B_columns ignores
> any overlay specification given in the heading's properties. That is:
>
> **** Header							  :B_columns:
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :BEAMER_env: columns
>     :BEAMER_act: 2-
>     :END:
> (... with some BMCOL headings underneath...)
>
> -->
>
> \begin{columns}
> .. blah blah...
> \end{columns}
>
> .. where I would have hoped for "\begin{columns}<2->"

According to Beamer's user guide, "columns" environment follows the
template:

  \begin{columns}[<options>]
  \end{columns}

IOW, it is not possible to define an action specification on it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: BEAMER_act and special environments
@ 2013-11-11  8:21 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-11-11  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi James,

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:14:20AM +0800, James Harkins wrote:

> I'm not especially familiar with emacs-lisp and I haven't looked at the
> functions for node properties at all. Unfortunately, I'm under a time crunch
> today and I don't have the few hours it would take to get up to speed
> (otherwise, I'd have a go at it myself).
>
> It seems that everything in org-beamer-environments-default supports overlay
> specifications, except beamercolorbox. OK... what about
> org-beamer-environments-special? I found today that B_columns ignores any
> overlay specification given in the heading's properties. That is:

IIUC, columns is a "container" environment for other column
environments.  Here is an example from my slides:

\begin{frame}[label=sec-3-4]{Distinguishing CP eigenstates}
  \begin{columns}
    \begin{column}{0.5\textwidth}
      \begin{figure}[htb]
        \centering
        \includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{fig1.eps}
        \caption{m$_\mathrm{ES}$ for B₋ → cc̄K$_S$}
      \end{figure}
    \end{column}
    \begin{column}{0.5\textwidth}
      \begin{figure}[htb]
        \centering
        \includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{fig2.eps}
        \caption{ΔE for B₊ → J/ψK$_L$}
      \end{figure}
    \end{column}
  \end{columns}
\end{frame}

So I would think the overlay specification is appropriate for column,
not columns.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: BEAMER_act and special environments
@ 2013-11-11 13:24   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-11-11 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: orgmode