* FAQ or manual suggestion: customizing HTML export
@ 2013-11-07 17:00 Rockefeller, Harry
From: Rockefeller, Harry @ 2013-11-07 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

NOTE: This is not an information request.
I searched google, orgmode.org FAQ, org manual, and ran a search on this mailing list but
could not find this useful information.  Since it took me a few days
to figure it out, I thought it might be worth documenting somewhere.

I wanted to customize HTML export.
1) to reduce the amount of empty space in org tables, and to put lines around all cells since
white space was now minimal, I finally found adding this gets the job done:
#+ATTR_HTML: :options border="2" rules="all" frame="border" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"

2) to change the color of the title on a per-org-file basis I found this works:
#+HTML: <style>.title {color: blue;}</style>
If I want to change the color of the title for all org files then adding this to
my ~/.emacs file worked:
(setq org-export-html-style-extra "<style>.title {color: blue;}</style>")

OK go ahead and flame me if stuff like this is 'hidden' in plain sight.

* Re: FAQ or manual suggestion: customizing HTML export
@ 2013-11-10 10:04 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-11-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Harry,

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 12:00:32PM -0500, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> NOTE: This is not an information request.
> I searched google, orgmode.org FAQ, org manual, and ran a search on this mailing list but
> could not find this useful information.  Since it took me a few days
> to figure it out, I thought it might be worth documenting somewhere.
>
> I wanted to customize HTML export.
> 1) to reduce the amount of empty space in org tables, and to put lines around all cells since
> white space was now minimal, I finally found adding this gets the job done:
> #+ATTR_HTML: :options border="2" rules="all" frame="border" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"
>
> 2) to change the color of the title on a per-org-file basis I found this works:
> #+HTML: <style>.title {color: blue;}</style>
> If I want to change the color of the title for all org files then adding this to
> my ~/.emacs file worked:
> (setq org-export-html-style-extra "<style>.title {color: blue;}</style>")

Something is off here.  This variable should not be present unless you
are using an older Org version.  AFAICK, if this is true, your solution
(1) should not work.  Maybe it works by accident?  It would be helpful
if you could provide the org-version and how you install Org.

That said, I do not think the HTML backend supports the :options
property in an #+attr_html line.  The manual lists it under "LaTeX
specific attributes" (disclaimer: I use the HTML backend sparringly).

<http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html#LaTeX-specific-attributes>

> OK go ahead and flame me if stuff like this is 'hidden' in plain sight.

We don't do that here.  IMO, this community is one of the most accepting
and friendly out there.  ;)

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu