* odt import
@ 2013-05-17 20:49 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-05-17 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

I just found in wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Org-mode

Claiming there are tools to import _from_ ODT.

Is this true? I have never seen anything like this.

Uwe Brauer

* Re: odt import
@ 2013-05-17 23:00 ` Ethan Ligon
From: Ethan Ligon @ 2013-05-17 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub <at> mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hello
>
> I just found in wikipedia
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Org-mode
>
> Claiming there are tools to import _from_ ODT.
>
> Is this true? I have never seen anything like this.
>
> Uwe Brauer

Presumably a reference to

https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home

I haven't used it, and it's rather old (predates org-elements, I think).

-Ethan

* Re: odt import
@ 2013-05-19 17:27   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-05-19 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> "Ethan" == Ethan Ligon <ligon@are.berkeley.edu> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub <at> mat.ucm.es> writes:
   >>
   >> Uwe Brauer
   >>

   > Presumably a reference to

   > https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home

   > I haven't used it, and it's rather old (predates org-elements, I think).

Thanks but there are now files for downloading so I presume this project
is dead.

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: odt import
@ 2013-05-21 12:15     ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2013-05-21 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 19 May 2013 19:27:49 +0200
Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> >> "Ethan" == Ethan Ligon <ligon@are.berkeley.edu> writes:
>
>    > Uwe Brauer <oub <at> mat.ucm.es> writes:
>    >>
>    >> Uwe Brauer
>    >>
>    >>

>    > Presumably a reference to
>
>    > https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/wiki/Home
>
>    > I haven't used it, and it's rather old (predates org-elements, I think).
>
> Thanks but there are now files for downloading so I presume this project
> is dead.

Don't know anything about it but there is something to try:
https://bitbucket.org/josemaria.alkala/odt2org/src

Detlef

* odt import
@ 2014-10-30  8:29 Paul Rudin
From: Paul Rudin @ 2014-10-30  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

The org info file includes the words "OpenDocument Text (ODT) export
allows seamless collaboration across organizational boundaries." The
export to odt is great and goes part of the way, but for true seamless
collaboration you really need to be able to go both ways.

Does anyone have a way of converting odt->org and back again? I suppose
there would be some difficulties; but if the source document is well
structured - using styles rather than direct formatting - then one could
keep meta information about the applicable styles in properties in the
org file so that there's some hope of a reasonable round trip.