* Emacs completion on file:xyz links?
@ 2013-04-26  7:15 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2013-04-26  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I often find reference files in org-files and then do the following
sequence:

* Press Ctrl-x Ctrl-f
* Navigate to the requested file by the emacs and completion
* Press Ctrl-a Ctrl-k to copy
* Press Ctrl-g to get out of file-open
* Paste with ctrl-y

I was wondering if anyone has written code so that pressing [TAB] within a
file:/ link would do emacs completion in place?

Thanks!
Dov

* Re: Emacs completion on file:xyz links?
@ 2013-04-26  8:52 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-04-26  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:15:42AM +0300, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> I often find reference files in org-files and then do the following
> sequence:
>
> * Press Ctrl-x Ctrl-f
> * Navigate to the requested file by the emacs and completion
> * Press Ctrl-a Ctrl-k to copy
> * Press Ctrl-g to get out of file-open
> * Paste with ctrl-y
>
> I was wondering if anyone has written code so that pressing [TAB] within a
> file:/ link would do emacs completion in place?

It does that already.  Use C-c C-l to insert a link, when prompted for
the type, say file: RET.  Then you can use the usual emacs completeion
interface to get filename completeion.

What is missing though is completion when editing an existing link.
IMO, that would be a worthy feature request.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Emacs completion on file:xyz links?
@ 2013-04-26  9:18   ` Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2013-04-26  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode