* some key sequence transform my text in outline
@ 2013-03-27 12:22 Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2013-03-27 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I cannot understand exactly what I type, but this is what happened twice.
I was editing in the middle of a document, in particular within a "~"
block with a src block on the next line, as in the following:

I was editing ~here~
#+begin_src shell

Now, with some key sequence Org eated all the text below the cursor
position, transforming it into an outline block and therefore showing
me three dots. The problem is that I'm unable to expand it anymore
with TAB, and moreover I cannot delete it without killing the whole
outline itself. I'm sure I've not pressed the SHIFT+TAB sequence, that
apparently does the same but allows me to expand the outline, while
the one I'm getting is not expandable in the ordinary way.
I know this is not a detailed explaination, but I don't understand
exactly what I (wrongly) activated.
Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Luca

* Re: some key sequence transform my text in outline
@ 2013-03-27 12:39 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-03-27 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-03-27, o godz. 13:22:47
Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> napisał(a):

> Hi,
> I cannot understand exactly what I type, but this is what happened
> twice. I was editing in the middle of a document, in particular
> within a "~" block with a src block on the next line, as in the
> following:
>
> I was editing ~here~
> #+begin_src shell
>

> Now, with some key sequence Org eated all the text below the cursor
> position, transforming it into an outline block and therefore showing
> me three dots. The problem is that I'm unable to expand it anymore
> with TAB, and moreover I cannot delete it without killing the whole
> outline itself. I'm sure I've not pressed the SHIFT+TAB sequence, that
> apparently does the same but allows me to expand the outline, while
> the one I'm getting is not expandable in the ordinary way.
> I know this is not a detailed explaination, but I don't understand
> exactly what I (wrongly) activated.
> Any suggestion?

C-h l (or M-x view-lossage)

> Thanks,
> Luca

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: some key sequence transform my text in outline
@ 2013-04-03  6:24   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2013-04-03  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Apparently I found the sequence that lead to the problem: I opened a
#+begin_src on a line and then pressed TAB on such line. This folded
the following text until a new #+end_src is found, masking whole
sections. The problem is that this is no more able to be expanded.
However, editing the text file externally and removing some text after
the #+begin_src (in particular a table) solved the problem.
I'm investigating more...

Thanks,
Luca

@ 2013-04-18 10:24     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-18 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Marcin Borkowski

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:

> Apparently I found the sequence that lead to the problem: I opened a
> #+begin_src on a line and then pressed TAB on such line. This folded
> the following text until a new #+end_src is found, masking whole
> sections. The problem is that this is no more able to be expanded.
> However, editing the text file externally and removing some text after
> the #+begin_src (in particular a table) solved the problem.
> I'm investigating more...

It would be really nice to have a command to check that no #+begin_src
contains a headline, as this can confuse visibility cycling a lot,
among other things.

--
 Bastien