* Macro expansion to control beamer template
@ 2013-03-21 20:47 Florian Adamsky
From: Florian Adamsky @ 2013-03-21 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

at the moment I revise my course lectures and of course I use org-mode
for that. I was searching for an easy way to create fullframe. After
searching a bit in the mailing list, I found out that the 8.0-pre with
its new beamer exporter already has this functionality. Therefore I
switch to the current git-version. Wonderful work by the way!

I created a beamer template file that I control with macros. My
org-mode config file has the following snippet:

(add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
    (list "beamer"
      (file-string (concat custom-basedir "templates/beamer.tex"))
      '("\\section{%s}" ."\\section*{%s}")
      '("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
      '("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")))

The beamer.tex file contains snippets like that:

\documentclass[xetex,aspectratio={{{BEAMERRATIO}}}]{beamer}

[...]

\newcommand{\myEmail}{\url{{{{EMAIL}}}}}
\newcommand{\myUrl}{\url{{{{URL}}}}}
\newcommand{\myShortConf}{{{{SHORTCONF}}}}
\newcommand{\myLongConf}{{{{LONGCONF}}}}

This does not work anymore. After searching a bit in the ml archive I
have read that the macro is not as powerful as before. The macro works
only in the org file and not in my template file. What is the best way
to work around this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Best
--