* org-hide sometimes wrong
@ 2013-03-15 11:13 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-03-15 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Lately, the leading stars have been reappearing, seemingly
randomly. I've checked the org-hide face and its value changes:

It's
Foreground: color-234 when the stars are visible

Foreground: #252A2B when they are correctly hidden.

What could possibly trigger this change. I'm running emacs
with a server/emacsclient setup. Could it be responsible for this
behaviour ?

Julien.

* Re: org-hide sometimes wrong
@ 2013-03-15 18:02 ` Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2013-03-15 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Mar 15, 2013, at 7:13 AM, Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> wrote:

> Lately, the leading stars have been reappearing, seemingly
> randomly. I've checked the org-hide face and its value changes:

I've been noticing the same behavior (and broken indenting) since some recent git pull...
Closing and reopening the file fixes it, but it seems to be a regression

Rick

* Re: org-hide sometimes wrong
@ 2013-03-15 21:01   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-15 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Frankel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Julien Cubizolles

Rick Frankel <rick@rickster.com> writes:

> On Mar 15, 2013, at 7:13 AM, Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Lately, the leading stars have been reappearing, seemingly
>> randomly. I've checked the org-hide face and its value changes:
>>
> I've been noticing the same behavior (and broken indenting) since some recent git pull...
> Closing and reopening the file fixes it, but it seems to be a
> regression

Can someone try to bisect?

Maybe git blame and check lines >5341 for the last changes
against `org-find-invisible-foreground'.  But the last ones
are pretty old now.

As for the broken indenting, what is the issue exactly?

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-hide sometimes wrong
@ 2013-03-15 21:43     ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-03-15 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Rick Frankel <rick@rickster.com> writes:
>
>> On Mar 15, 2013, at 7:13 AM, Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Lately, the leading stars have been reappearing, seemingly
>>> randomly. I've checked the org-hide face and its value changes:
>>>
>> I've been noticing the same behavior (and broken indenting) since
>> some recent git pull...  Closing and reopening the file fixes it, but
>> it seems to be a regression
>
> Can someone try to bisect?

I recently switched back to the 7.9.4 release (due to some problems with
the new exporter and org-caldav) and still see this behaviour.

* Re: org-hide sometimes wrong
@ 2013-03-15 22:54     ` Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2013-03-15 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Julien Cubizolles

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:01:45PM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Rick Frankel <rick@rickster.com> writes:
>
> > On Mar 15, 2013, at 7:13 AM, Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> >> Lately, the leading stars have been reappearing, seemingly
> >> randomly. I've checked the org-hide face and its value changes:
> >>
> > I've been noticing the same behavior (and broken indenting) since some recent git pull...
> > Closing and reopening the file fixes it, but it seems to be a
> > regression
>
> Can someone try to bisect?

I try to find time :)
> Maybe git blame and check lines >5341 for the last changes
> against `org-find-invisible-foreground'.  But the last ones
> are pretty old now.
>
> As for the broken indenting, what is the issue exactly?

I have an org file with lots of source blocks and deep level, when i
open and expand the headings, sometimes the source blocks are against
the left margin and not properly indented.

BTW, org-bullets also seems to be broken now. The "(require
'org-mode)" on line 85 fails because there is no org-mode.el not sure
what else has changed. I noticed there was a big commit on 9-March.

I will also try to find time this weekend to bisect that as well...

rick